Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Miss Real Food! [emoji23]

It's been 13 days post op. And I am starting to miss real food. Will I ever get to eat again? To at least have the taste of everything..I use to enjoy: tacos,fajitas,Chick-fil-A and it goes on. I feel pretty good right now being 13days post op and I have been very strict with my liquid diet. But I miss real food. help?!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I feel sorry for those that have to be on a liquid diet post op. I'd go nuts. Day 3 and I was on puréed food. I still crave normal food, but I keep thinking about the outcome of this. I'll feel and look better. So it's all worth it.

That's just how my surgeon runs his program. I've noticed many doctors do everything differently. It feels great honestly. My stomach felt better when it had some real food in it besides liquids.

My op was June 20th and I'm on a liquid diet until June 30th when I see my surgeon to be advanced (I expect it to go smoothly since I've had no issues with intake). My family loves their fast food, so I'm bombarded with scents (Though, they are considerate and eat in a different room). I want food so much I dreamt about it and woke up chewing, lol. I'm hoping these next 5 days come quickly....

I found liquids easier to deal with than pureed foods. I get to progress to soft foods on Wednesday and hope it gets better.

Prince van Halen@ i'm doing a lot of liquids but I'm also doing in the puréed food phase my surgeon told me, I could start that a couple days after my surgery if I felt comfortable. What are you eating on for your puréed stage? And just curious how long is it your puréed stage tell you get a solid foods?

Prince van Halen@ i'm doing a lot of liquids but I'm also doing in the puréed food phase my surgeon told me, I could start that a couple days after my surgery if I felt comfortable. What are you eating on for your puréed stage? And just curious how long is it your puréed stage tell you get a solid foods?

I have been eating scrambled eggs for Breakfast. I've had tuna with some mayo for lunches. I've also had cottage cheese. I just made chicken in my crockpot yesterday with buffalo sauce. I had that again today, which is really good. My puréed stage is two weeks and then I move onto soft Proteins.

You did chicken in the crockpot with buffalo sauce that is my favorite thing ever! I was really worried wondering if we could have buffalo sauce again.. thinking probably not. Glad to hear it work for you I hope that works for me! Are you just five days post op and you can eat that?

Are you just eating the chicken with buffalo sauce by itself? Have to ask you questions about this because buffalo sauce is by favorite. But I know it's a little spicy so I didn't know if we can have spicy. I'm looking forward to your Feed Back on this... :-)

I did a lot of research on here and online about buffalo sauce. I love spicy too. Everyone said it's worked for them and it has worked for me as well. It hasn't upset my stomach at all. I even threw some Frank's hot sauce on my eggs today. Sooooo good.

I threw chicken breasts in the crockpot and poured in buffalo sauce. The crockpot makes the chicken super moist and falls apart. I mixed it all up real good and was basically puréed with buffalo sauce. Frank's buffalo sauce has no sugar, fat, or calories. So it's also very healthy.

Yes I'm 5 days post op and on puréed food. I just can't have carbs, sugar, vegetables, fruits, or Tomato sauce. I noticed others eating chili here, but my doctor said no tomatoes or tomato sauce. I'm just trying to be creative with my puréed stage. My doctor told me I could throw in mayo into tuna or chicken as well.

Yes I'm 5 days post op and on puréed food. I just can't have carbs, sugar, vegetables, fruits, or Tomato sauce. I noticed others eating chili here, but my doctor said no tomatoes or tomato sauce. I'm just trying to be creative with my puréed stage. My doctor told me I could throw in mayo into tuna or chicken as well.

You have been very creative! I remember being soooo frustrated the first two weeks after surgery - I was so hungry but so nauseated at the same time. It is a difficult time to great through but I promise it gets so much easier. I even went through a rough patch 4 months out because of an ulcer but pulled through that too. Just keep at it and do the best you can. Good luck all!

I've got another 10 days before I enter the puree stage (exactly four weeks after surgery). Picked up a new crock pot because my other one is a 2 gallon unit and I definitely don't need anything that big now. $12 for a two-quart crock pot at Target. Really looking forward to some chicken. Before surgery I was kind of a hot sauce snob. I have about 15 bottles around the house. Couldn't bring myself to throw them out (well except for the one that was super-sugary). Hoping they get to see the light of day again sometime.