Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone know how long you can store a food with Protein powder mixed in? For example, I like greek yogurt mixed with vanilla Protein Powder enough that I'm thinking of mixing up a few days' worth to have for Breakfast. Is the shelf life the same as the base product (i.e. the yogurt) or does the Protein make it spoil or separate or whatever, faster?

Also, I know you can't add protein to hot liquids but could you mix the protein with say, cold broth and then heat it up later?

Thanks in advance for your sage advice!

Premier and Inspire Protein, I have tried them all and didn't like any but the Unjury chicken Soup until I found and tried Premier and Inspire and I'm 6 months out. Wish you all the best

Does anyone know how long you can store a food with Protein powder mixed in? For example, I like greek yogurt mixed with vanilla Protein Powder enough that I'm thinking of mixing up a few days' worth to have for Breakfast. Is the shelf life the same as the base product (i.e. the yogurt) or does the Protein make it spoil or separate or whatever, faster?

Also, I know you can't add protein to hot liquids but could you mix the protein with say, cold broth and then heat it up later?

Based on advice from this board, I've tried mixing GENEPRO protein into hot coffee and hot Soup and it was perfectly fine each time.

I happened by a GNC on my way to the subway last night and decided to pop in and try one of the Isopure clear drinks. They were having a buy one get one 50% off everything in the store sale so I immediately forgot everyone's advice to NOT stock up before surgery and ended up buying a bag of Isopure Zero Carb Vanilla, Quest Peanut Butter Flavor, a Blender Bottle, some single serve Proteins, PB2, etc.

Ooops.

Also, the red Isopure drink was not delicious. But given that it is clear and has 40g of Protein I think I will keep 2-3 bottles on hand for the days immediately post op.

I'm day 8 post-op and I wouldn't have made it without the clear Isopure drinks. I much prefer the lemonade flavor, after that the mango-peach. The Protein shakes are so heavy, it's been a lifesaver to have something that tastes and feels 'light' to get most of my Protein from. I tried some cream Soup last night, my sleeve didn't like it so I'm back to Isopure this morning. I've gone through 1-2 bottles a day since I came home.

I've wasted a lot of money ordering shakes that I quickly lose my taste for. Slim-fast High Protein was all I could stomach before surgery but now it makes me gag. I could tolerate Atkins before and can only barely get those down now. I posted this on another thread today (and promise I'm not being paid by them to say this!) I picked up Core Power Protein banana Milkshake at the airport earlier this week and it was absolutely delicious. Not too thick or cloying and seems to have all natural ingredients. I think they have other flavors too but I'm sick of the same vanilla, strawberry and chocolate ranges, so I'm going to stick with banana. Shame about their packaging though - it looks like a 'muscle' brand but the shake inside was absolutely lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I thought the Core Power Protein Shakes were too high in carbs....isn't the banana either 25 or 26g carbs? I'm supposed to stay under 15g, 10g if possible. Maybe I'm wrong about those shakes?

You can't put it in liquid hotter than 140*. I heat the liquid, usually Water, then test the temp with a thermometer.

I totally agree with @@ShelterDog64 about Isopure, though I just had my first one today, I wish I'd known about them post-surgery, I could not stand yacking down those chalky protien shakes, bleech!

I bought the pre-mixed drink, not the powder. It does not exactly taste good, I would describe it as G2 Gatorade with some extra sweaty substance in it! Does have quite a bit of sodium, but it's fat fee and carb free and, as he said, much easier to drink. They are not cheap, even ordering on Amazon, they're about $5 for a 20 oz bottle.

These would have made life MUCH easier for me those first few weeks, so I would recommend those of you with my same aversion to chalky whey glop to try one before you go under the knife!

I'm hoping my surgery will be next month! I need to find something I like :)

Am I missing anything? What's your favorite?attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1466806687.013305.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1466806700.345768.jpg

PREMIER Protein shake HANDS DOWN lol I HAVE THAT EVERY MORNING IN MY coffee NO ADDED SUGAR OR SWEETNER THE DAYS I HAVE TIME I ADD CRUSHED ICED IN A BIG MUG AND SIP DELICIOUS VANILLA IS MY FAVORITE I HAVE NOT YET FOUND THE banana CREME FlAVOR HERE IN NY ..

@@RhondaF

I got a mixed 12 pack of Isopure from netrition,com for about $46 I think. Be warned however, they will not suit all tastes. I personally find them disgusting. The Protein aftertaste is gag-worthy IMO.

Anyone who wants to stop by my house can have my remaining 6 bottles for free! LOL

Edited by Shaydi.Laine