Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unfortunately Tuesday I threw out my lower back rearranging furniture. Yesterday I could barely walk so I headed to the dr. I was given a steroid shot and a steroid pack for the next 6 days. This has never bothered me prior, so I'm assuming it's the new stomach. I am so nauseated. I've taken Tums, my omeprezol, and Zofran. No relief at all.

Any suggestions to get me through until I can call the office in the morning?

I know I'm old enough to suck it up, but I can handle just about anything besides feeling like this.

I second the ginger tea. You might also want to try mint tea. Hope you feel better soon!

Some warm ginger ale. Also, if you could just hold some ginger root in your mouth to suck on---, that will help. I keep candied ginger in the house--always have for nausea. Tiny bites.

Did you see you bariatric doctor when you went in? Do you think that the steroids might be raising havoc? Just a thought.

Why not give your bariatric team--if you didn't see them--and ask for their guidance and/or suggestions? Couldn't hurt, right.?

Feel better, my friend. Let us know.

Thanks ladies. I have ginger ale and mint tea. I feel so crummy I didn't think of either of those, but will give them a try.

@@Valentina my bariatric surgeon is 3 hours away, so no I just went to my PCP. She does know of my surgery though.

And I know it's the Prednison. It's just never bothered me before, but I guess with the sleeve I can't handle the normal dosage required.

I had just planned on calling my PCP, but I will check with my bariatric dr as well.

Thank you.

Let us know.

Nosy? yep, but I care too. :)

Unfortunately Tuesday I threw out my lower back rearranging furniture. Yesterday I could barely walk so I headed to the dr. I was given a steroid shot and a steroid pack for the next 6 days. This has never bothered me prior, so I'm assuming it's the new stomach. I am so nauseated. I've taken Tums, my omeprezol, and Zofran. No relief at all.

Any suggestions to get me through until I can call the office in the morning?

I know I'm old enough to suck it up, but I can handle just about anything besides feeling like this.

Does your surgeon know you were given steroids? How far out are you after surgery?

My surgeon said absolutely no steroids while I was healing because steroids can dissolve the staple line.

@@Inner Surfer Girl

I am 13 weeks out. He does not know I was placed on them simply because I did not see him, or call him. I was in too much pain to think about it.

However, the Prednisone is listed as one of the approved medications that was in the info book I was given from his office prior to my surgery so I'm going to take that as him giving approval.

I will still call his office in the morning, though.

I got seriously nauseated during my hospital stay these past few days following my surgery and they gave me a little baggie with a cotton ball soaked in peppermint extract. It helped me.

My surgeon strongly suggests peppermint as well. It is safe to put peppermint oil on skin as well. It may be a good idea to apply to skin as prevention in the beginning of recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm prone to nausea and have great success treating it with ginger products as others mentioned here- tea, ginger ale, ginger candies, raw ginger etc.

The best cure I've found though, if you live in a state with legal retail, is the marijuana ginger tincture in the medicinal section of the store.

@@Kaze @@Shrinkinqtpi

I am a huge peppermint oil fan. I use it for everything from adding it to my Shampoo, using it for Migraines, placing a few drops in my Water, and it even helps me relax enough at night to go to sleep. Unfortunately I'm out and my order won't be here till next week. ????

I've tried both eucalyptus and lemon tonight, but they just aren't working. Did get some relief from the ginger ale and mint tea, also when all else fails.....I start "huffing" alcohol swabs. Oddly enough in a pinch it works.

Hopefully my dr(s) can give me a little insight in the morning.

Have a good night all!!

Thank you.

Let us know.

Nosy? yep, but I care too. :)

Ok, V......following up just for you!!!

I just got off the phone with my bariatric surgeon. All is well. He told me where the RX said to take on an empty stomach, I just need to eat a little yogurt or something first. He said from here on out that would be the best practice prior to all meds.

Gotta head to work.

Thanks again for all the great suggestions cause I.....DO NOT.....LIKE BEING NAUSEAS!!!!