Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss has stopped...getting worried

Hello everyone!

I was sleeved on May 23rd and was losing weight steady until a week ago. Now I've stuck at the same weight for a week. Not sure if this is normal.

I'm down 20lbs since surgery so I don't know if my body is just taking a moment to adjust....

Hope I didn't do all this for 20lbs lol

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using the BariatricPal App

Welcome to the "Dreaded Week 3 Stall". 95% of us go through it. It can last a few days to a few weeks. I can absoultely PROMISE you, it will end and you will start losing weight again.

Thanks! So happy to hear that!

Been introducing foods slowly and knew that would have some effect but I didn't think it would screech to a halt... still trying to believe that this will actually work...unlike everything else I've tried.

@@charzard2016 It's not the new foods. It's just your body finally saying "hey, wait a minute!" after all the trauma it's been through in the past few weeks.

Lol makes sense. I need to keep reminding myself that I'm down 20lbs in less then a month. My body is going holy *##* what's happening. It's easy to forget cause other than the food changes I feel compete normal.

Has anyone seen what their stomach actually looks like inside? My husband thinks because I'm sitting at only 20 lbs gone that the doc took our money and ran. I'm feeling discouraged. Now at week 5. Help

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved on May 23 as well! I lost 31 pounds in the first 2 weeks. Then the stall hit. It lasted 2 weeks and I actually gained during that time. A lot of the new, softer foods are high in sodium, so try to drink more water! I'm now down 40 - so you'll start losing again, but I know how frustrating it is when we stop!

Has anyone seen what their stomach actually looks like inside? My husband thinks because I'm sitting at only 20 lbs gone that the doc took our money and ran. I'm feeling discouraged. Now at week 5. Help

Your husband apparently expected you to wake up from surgery skinny! ????. Twenty pounds is alot of weight. Your body is still healing. You need to concentrate on getting enough Protein, fluids, Vitamins and exercise (even just walking). Have you measured yourself? Often times we lose inches even when the scale doesn't move. Stress will make matters worse - so put the scale away and stick to your plan - I promise you will lose weight. Stay strong and positive! Make sure you are getting enough Protein and water!

Edited by KristenLe

Take him to the grocery store and show him what 20 pounds of lard or butter looks like.

I was sleeved on 6-16-16 and I have hit a stall as well. I lost 15 lbs since surgery and 25 lbs all together. I know that is good and I'm happy but the last few days I have not been losing anything. I started getting more of my Protein in because I wasn't getting enough. I'm hoping this kickstarts the loss again. I have lost inches though, so that's a plus. Just nervous about the weight loss. I'm glad I'm not alone and feel better reading the responses. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

The 3 week stall is definitely real as all here have stated but I'll add one more bit of testimony. I was sleeved April 28 so I'm just about a month further along than the OP. I stalled at week 4 after losing close to 30 pounds. I expected it and wasn't too worried -- but my stall pretty much lasted a month and it really was frustrating. I wouldn't lose anything, then finally lose a pound or two then stall another week -- like my body was just teasing me!

Finally, I've been losing consistently for about a week now so I think I'm past this particular stall but I know there will be more. On the other hand I've passed the 40 pound mark and am two sizes down in pants and suits and getting spontaneous "you've really lost weight" comments from people I haven't seen in a while so I'm definitely thrilled with the results.

Patience grasshopper. Nothing is wrong, your time will come!

@@silverthreads thanks for the support!! It's really nice to hear from others who have been there. Thankfully the scale is moving again, albeit quite slow. I just keep reminding myself that before surgery I was lucky to lose one pound a week, and I'm already down 2 this week and its only Thursday.

It took me awhile to adjust my thinking, this isn't a "get rich quick scheme" it's going to take time for my body to adjust, but the weight will come off.

@@startingmylife I feel ya, stalled for almost 3 weeks but it's starting to come off again. Hang in there, it will come. I think it was hard for me to get over the euphoria of losing a pound a day for the first couple of weeks.

@@silverthreads thanks for the support!! It's really nice to hear from others who have been there. Thankfully the scale is moving again, albeit quite slow. I just keep reminding myself that before surgery I was lucky to lose one pound a week, and I'm already down 2 this week and its only Thursday.

It took me awhile to adjust my thinking, this isn't a "get rich quick scheme" it's going to take time for my body to adjust, but the weight will come off.

@@startingmylife I feel ya, stalled for almost 3 weeks but it's starting to come off again. Hang in there, it will come. I think it was hard for me to get over the euphoria of losing a pound a day for the first couple of weeks.

Thank you, I will. I'm glad to hear that the scale started moving a little bit again. Looking forward to that happening to me. Until then I will just continue my diet and exercise and try not to obsess too much...lol! Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App