Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 8/13 - NOT doing well

Hi all,

Ok I need input here. Im really NOT feeling well. oh the ways..

My huge issue is this searing pain i had posted ab. a few days ago.. It is still searing and i feell like my muscle is ripping. i know the dr. said som'g ab. cutting some nerve endings. but it is totally limiting and immobilizing me and i'm NOT happy... the pain is shooting to my back now... i dont' know..

Then, Whenver I drink I right away get a tightness in my chest area.. just by 1 or 2 sips of Water... I continue because that is it but the pain is still there... and stays... (oh get a load of this.. everytime I eat my husband pats my back and i very nicely burp.. and i'm HOW old???)

I am constipated. NOT a happy place to be in...

this morning steristrips came of one of my wounds and I noticed it has pus coming out of it ... ??? other ones are itching like crazy which is supposed to be a good sign.. Now i lifted up another steristrip slightly and I do NOT like the way it looks..

I guess i have to call the dr. Monday morning and till than i happen to hae bactroban ointment and i'll put gauze..

OH then the WIERDEST thing. I got my period ab. 3 weeks ago.. I'm totally irregular and took medication (provera) to bring it on.. I go to bathroom tody and BOOM i'm bleeding again. Wierd.. I never have this problem after i take provera... and also the color is different.. (sorry for the tmi.. i'm just so wierded out) any thoughts on this???

:help::help::help:

Thanks,

Hi Pemy,

Sounds like your wounds are just taking a bit longer to heal than some. Definitely call your doctor tomorrow, and in the meantime try not to worry!!

And on the other thing, I too got my period many days earlier than expected after being banded on 8/13. I have no idea what the physiological cause might be, but you're not alone. Personally, I'm glad since I'm going on vacation this coming Saturday and now won't have to worry about it!!

Hi-sorry you are having such a hard time. Many of us have had early TOMs after surgery. I am thinking that the heparin (blood thinners) they give us for surgery might have some effect on our monthly schedules. Hope you resolve some of your issues with your doc tomorrow.

I would definately call the doctor and see him tomorrow, just to make sure that you don't have a slight infection going on. I hope you feel better soon.

I am 4 days post-op and I have the searing pain occasionally but the pain meds really help with that. I have also used an ice bag and placed a pillow over my stomach for some added support. Some of the pain may be from gas. Walking and GasX are really helping a ton. Hope you feel better.

Amy

Try Vitamin C. A nurse 2 years ago suggested that and it works for me. Take 1 or 2 the first day or 2. If you don't go, tkae a 3rd and so on. You can't overdose on vit. C is what the nurse toldme because you pee out the excess. I have had Constipation probs. all my life and this is what really workds ofr me. Now I usually take 2 tablets/day. You can try chewables.< /p>

Sorry to hear all your troubles. Sounds like you had better make the dr. phone call monday. I had my lap band done on 8/10/07. Ten days out I had to start eating. I could not make it ----called the dr.s office they said that happens to some. There is nothing I have found I can not eat. I go see the dr.s monday--two week check up. Then I have to wait 4 weeks to get my first fill as far as I know.

I wish you well . Kind of scarry.

I experienced everything you mentioned as well. Lap-band placement is considered major surgery and some of us just have a bumpier recovery than others. I also had one incision with puss and gross looking but my surgeon said to do just as you are...use some antibiotic cream and keep it covered. It healed just fine. Sometimes they just need to seep a little before they can heal up. The only thing I was told to look for was to make sure it didn't feel "hot" or look red. Those are signs of infection.

I started my period the same day of my surgery.

My scars look good.

Are you sticking to the diet?

However I have not had a bm since surgery.

I usually go three times a day.

What's that about?

However I have not had a bm since surgery.

I usually go three times a day.

What's that about?

Things will definately slow to a trickle when you're on liquids or mushies. There's probably not much to "get rid of". But, my surgeon told us not to go three days without anything happening or else we should call. I hope that helps.

The pain that you are having is probably from the doctor nicking the nerve in surgery. My daughter had lap-band surgery and this happened to her. She had a severe pain in her side. She would take three IBuprofins and drink a got cup of coffee and it would subside. She had her surgery done in the US and I had mine done in TJ . I asked my doctor about it, because she could not get any response from hers and he said the best thing to take for it would be a muscle relaxer like Soma. It has been a year since her surgery and it has finally subsided. As far as Constipation, this is typical with this surgery at first. You just have to take medication. If you are draining puss, be careful. One of the side affects of this surgery is a seroma. In the event that you get a seroma, do not let the doctor dig down in there. All you have to do is place hot compresses on it and take Cipro and it will go away. Take care, I hope you get to feeling better