Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were you banded in Mexico?

Hi, all. I signed up to participate on this board last August, but things happen and I just did not get to it. Now that my life has kind of settled down, I am looking forward to being active and post as much as possible,

I would like to know if any of you were banded in Mexico? I was banded on May 27, 2005, in Tijuana, Mexico, by Dr. Kuri and I would do it all over again if I had to. I began this journey @ 270 lbs and as of yesterday I weigh 168.5 lbs... a loss of 101.5 lbs....gone forever! :clap2:

I am a 53-year-old woman, married for 32 years to the same, loving husband who has supported me through this entire process. We have three grown children and 2 1/2 grandchildren, the 1/2 is due in March to our younger son and daughter-in-law who have waited 5 1/2 years for their first baby. I live in Ketchikan, Alaska, and work full-time as an Accounts Receivable Coordinator for a local non-profit health agency. My husband is retired two years from the state ferry system after working there for 33 years.

I would love to hear your story and promise to answer anyone who wants to correspond off board also. ;)

Pat-Alaska

05/27/05

270/258.5/168.5/?

hi pat welcome aboard again glad to have you back. i got banded 7/30/07 and lost 8pounds and some inches. i am now going through banister hell because i`m always hungry and sometimes cheat and then get scared about slippage. congragulations on your 101.5 pounds way to go. i hope to get there. once again welcome back and don`t stay away too long. i also got banded in mexico by doctor huazuc and it was fabulous. The only thing i don`t like is that i had 2 post-op menus and didn`t know which one to follow. i read different things on the forum and realized what i needed to do. i am the one that need a specific menu to follow and guidance along with it.

Pat: Banded in Matamoros, Mexico on 8/16 by Dr. Carlos Lozano with Dr. Lopez Corvala from Tijuana as Proctor and the most wonderful anesthesiologist from Monterrey who was on Dr. Sanchez team before he was killed. I felt like I had the best experience in the world. I had absolutely no shoulder or back pain. Just a little soar but that is expected. I also did not have any reaction to anesthesia, no vomiting, dizziness or anything that I was fully prepared for.:whoo:

Hi,

Welcome back and congratulations on a job well done. That is awesome. I too had surgery in Mexico by Dr. Sanchez and Dr. Zapata, who were fabulous. I wouldn't change a thing and would do it again in a heartbeat, even though I pb'd already this morning, lol. It was the best decision I've ever made.

I've only lost 80 pounds in 12 months but I am a bit of a slow loser anyway. I just keep trucking along. So nice to meet you and I'll be so glad to be at your weight.

Way to go,

Sherri Jo

I am trying to talk to people who have been operated on by Dr. Lopez Corvala. I have surgery on Monday in TJ with this doctor. I've heard great things, but mostly from people who work for him. So, what did you think?

Dana

Dana: he was absolutely wonderful. He actually proctored my Dr. but was also in surgery. My incisions are super small & have healed soooo well. He flew into Matamoros to represent Inamed / Allergen. He has alot of experience & is a world leader in teaching / proctoring for the company that makes the band. I know people have alot of opinions & different experiences but mine was amazing.

Thank you so much. Last night I sat up until 3:00 in the morning searching all of the posts on this site regarding Dr. Lopez. I read that 3 people on this site were highly disatisfied with their outcome. It scared me to death because all I had heard was good things about him. I was sitting here actually ready to cancel my trip. Thank you so much for your post. I will post my experience and results as soon as I can. Congratulations on your new life! I will be there shortly.

Dana

Hi Pat, I live in Washington State. My hubby or 23 plus years and I have moved here for California seven years ago. Im 51 and manage my husbands business. He is a tree pruner and just loves the outdoors. Semi retired you might say. I was banded in Mexico by Dr. Lopez Carvalas in Tijuania at Angeles Hosp. My starting weight was 297 and Im down to 255 and still losing. Thank goodness. Its been a journey that I would not trade for the world. We have one son who still lives in California. Love to hear from you and how your are doing. Best Regards, JILLPILL

P.S. Hope to see you on chat

Dear want2beme, I was banded in Tijuania Mexico by Dr. Lopez Corvala and his team. No complaints. Actually I found him to be a sweet lil guy. Ya just want to give him a big hug. I wrote you a private msg and I would be glad to answer any questions you might have. Best regards, JILL