Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

dehydrated- total unfill

Yesterday I had to have all of my Fluid removed due to dehydration complications.

I had a fill on 8-6 and it was really really tight, much tighter than ever before and I kind of suspected it was too much for me, but I had been plateaued for over a month and was impatient and restless to get back to losing, so even though drinking Water in the dr.s office didn't go down as easily as I said to him it did, I felt like I could use the extra restriction.

And the weight melted off quickly, 10 lbs in a week and I was thrilled. Sure I wasn't able to keep hardly anything down, but fluids went down fine and I ignored my body freaking out. I ignored my near constant dizziness and the fact that it is unsafe to live on 200-400 calories per day. Told myself I was fine and did not incerase my fluid intake or take my Vitamins.

Saturday we went hiking and it was a tough hike, Dh kept pressing me to drink more water and I ignored him, I didn't feel thirsty. Sunday I was wiped out and told myself it was just from the hike and rested most of the day, Monday I could not keep anything down, not even fluids. I'd sip and PB, water, juice, everyhing came back up- and I started to be a little concerned. SO Tuesday I took it easy and PB'd a little when I ate solids, but kept fluids down mostly- told myself I was good to go. Wednesday I could not keep fluids down again and admitted to myself that I was probably overfilled but rested Thursday and kept fluids down fine. I did not drink more than I normally would or attempt to really re-hydrate myself. Yesterday was Friday and I realized I was in trouble.

I had dropped 15 lbs in less than 2 weeks and my lips were cracking and dry, my head throbbing and I realized I had no kept down a bit of solid food in about a solid week. I sipped water, it came up, I sipped warm juice, it came up, even my saliva was coming up. I called fillcenters that morning and asked to schedule the unfill, told them I was kind of in trouble.

My dr was off yesterday and they had trouble scheduling to get me in. By 4pm I was throwing up saliva every 10 minutes and realized if I didn't get an unfill I was going to be in the hospital by the end of the weekend. So I called the dr's office directly and my dr found out the shape I was in and told me to get to his office immediately for an unfill and he came in just for me (nicest guy, I tell you) He advised a complete unfill for the next 2 weeks. I about started to cry but I knew I needed a break and to slow down. We talked about symptoms of dehydration, what I need to do differently and about the negatives of losing the weight too fast. He said for where i am at (close to goal) if I lose more than 3 1/2 lbs a week, I am losing too fast and need to change my eating or get some unfill. He said my body was spazming due to the severe dehydration and we removed all 2.5ccs of my fluid.

So here I am, I have a game plan to maintain and stay on track during the next few weeks, going to work at not allowing all those carbs to get me addicted in the next few weeks and after I am hydrated, I have a weight loss goal of 2 lbs to lose on my own without the band. But it's kind of scary to fly solo right now.

My body does need a break, but ugh-- if I had taken care of myself and not been so stubborn and high on the rapid loss, I would still have my trusty filled band right now for weak moments.

SO DRINK YOUR FLUIDS, FOLKS!!!

I can totally relate to you because I was severely dehydrated as well. Not by choice, i couldn't keep anything down for about 1 month and even the Water intake was reduced where I could barely get 16oz the whole day. I finally just decided to get a complete unfill. I've been out for 1 month or so and now I'm eating like crazy. I can't wait to go back for a small fill because its like I let the beast out or something, LOL

Banded <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:date Year="2007" Day="20" Month="12">12/20/07</st1:date><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Dr. Huacuz<o:p></o:p>

Pre-opt weight 196<o:p></o:p>

Current weight 145<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

1<SUP>st</SUP> fill <st1:date Year="2007" Day="10" Month="2">02/10/07</st1:date> .5cc<o:p></o:p>

2<SUP>nd</SUP> fill <st1:date Year="2007" Day="14" Month="4">04/14/07</st1:date> .5cc<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

weight.png

My first fill was an overfill (even though it was a small amount). I swear, I don't think I've ever been more miserable during the week before I got unfilled nor more happy sitting in the room after the complete unfill drinking a WHOLE BOTTLE OF Water :(

Let your body recoup then go back to a smaller fill. You're almost there!!