Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stop the negativity! Post something that makes you giggle.

I'm curious.... why can't you guys sleep to need sleeping pills? ?

I sleep like a log 99.9% of the time, but i am an annoyingly early riser.. its 10pm and im already dozing off

@

I'm a lifelong insomniac, and have battled sleep disorders since my pre-teens. I tend to cycle through specific patterns, each usually lasting for 2-4 weeks before moving on to another at random. My body tends to react counterintuitively to many medications, and sleeping pills in particular have historically caused me to pull unintentional all-nighters.

1. Early wake (2-6 broken hours) - fall asleep fine but wake after 2-3 hours and unable to get back to sleep until sunrise, when I can usually squeeze a couple more hours in. This is my most common cycle.

2. Can't sleep (0-4 solid hours) - don't feel tired and/or can't fall asleep to save my life. Sunrise may or may not allow me to sleep (something about sunrise makes it easier for me to fall asleep. Not sure why but I've always been that way. Maybe its a 'safety' thing?)

3. Hypersomnia (10-16 solid hours plus a nap) - can't stay awake. Gotta make up for all of that sleep deprivation at some point!

4. Normal sleep (8-10 solid hours) - the most rare cycle, of course.

Wow @@CHM that must be so draining for you... I'm sorry that you go through that.

Have they tried to find a cause? Surely having it this long you have probably tried everything under the sun.

Don't know about you lot but I'm knackered. Just back from 4 mile dog walk and don't want to do anything. Rampant Bambis in the park again but only got followed not chased. Got followed by a VERY weird bloke so stopped and talked to a man fishing and weirdo legged it.

Love the music to the roo fight. Danced to that myself in the dim and distant past but think the Roos looked more graceful than I probably did. Actually they reminded me of the English and Russian football fans fighting in France this week.

Right, just to let you know that the weather here is $h!t. It's dull, clammy, keeps pissing with rain and I'm still in wellies! I had to buy a rain jacket yesterday!!!! It's supposed to be summer for god's sake!!! Stop moaning about the weather in Oz-you wuss!!!!! Get your thermal underwear on. Get your woolly jumpers on. Put your miser mittens on. Put your heating on indoors and get someone or something warm to snuggle up with.

Right, off to tackle the chores then going to costco for some steak. I NEED some red meat today-grrrrrrrrrr.

Have a lovely day/night all of you xxxx

@@CHM

You may not have enjoyed the weather but you sure loved the trip...

@

One becomes accustomed to such things after more than 2 decades. Lol. I may get a little cranky when in a 'can't sleep' cycle, but otherwise its just my normal.

@@KindaFamiliar

I did indeed!

@@jintycb

We are aussies... we are not MADE for the cold!! For a country that doesn't really get lower than 7 degrees (44F) we freeze our butts off when it gets below 20 (68F) lol

I am wearing flannel pjs, socks, had the heater on, now the electric blanket in my bed....

Those in cooler climates must think we are crazy wusses hahaha

Imagine what's going to happen when i lose my weight again and get the "coldies" from less insulation!!!!!

@@CHM ... i hope it improves for you.

I went through a period of 8 months where i would have the first type of broken sleep... i would sleep a solid 4-5 hours then be wide awake and energetic... after consultation with my doctors.... they seemed to think my natural body rhythm was off... so they suggested buying an extremely bright light globe, putting the lamp close to where i was sitting from 5pm-8pm. (Light therapy)

I did that for a week and it completely resolved it.. i was so exhausted so i completely understand how difficult it can be.... thankfully it hasn't occured since.

But sending you lots of sheep to count and fluffy pillows so you get your much deserved rest ????

I always worked shift-work, so my body clock was out of whack for over 20 years ...

Nursing, then flight attendant International division.

All settled once I quit shift-work .... for a while

Insomnia back due to my Graves disease/Hyper thyroid

@ Please take my Graves, you will feel hot all the time, I promise :wacko:

The coldest winters I experienced were in Central/Northern Europe ... and New York ...

At -25C (-20F, I think), I needed a balaclava for my face, as my nose would freeze up .... Even the warmest thermal under wear did not help .... gloves, hats, warm scarves ..... Now that was Cold!

Getting out of bed and Running to the shower, the hottest shower, then piling on layers upon layers upon layers of clothes ..... like an onion, then venturing outside and slipping and sliding on the icy footpaths wearing a heavy winter coat ....

I loved ice-skating though and some skiing .... :)

Omg yes!!! New York was freeeeezing in winter... i had 4 layers on.. thermals.. you name it.... god that was cold.... I've never felt cold like that.... brrrrr i literally couldn't feel my face!!!!!!!

At -25C (-20F, I think), I needed a balaclava for my face, as my nose would freeze up .... Even the warmest thermal under wear did not help .... gloves, hats, warm scarves ..... Now that was Cold!

I just escaped North Dakota after spending the last 10 years there. WInter temperatures surpassed -50F (-45C) on occasion. Now THAT was cold!!

@@CHM

I don't think i could live there... i would literally die!!

Like i said.... i am freezing at 44F.. any colder than that i would move to some island in the south pacific to defrost lol

@

I'm sure that no one who wasn't born in ND can live there. I actually moved considerably further south (which of course means WARMER weather in the northern hemisphere ;)) when I returned to America's 'Northern' neighbour.

@@CHM

OMG, sounds like Alaska and/or Siberia .....

I know I'm not good with the temp conversions, but this sounds deathly to me too! I would move out too!

I forgot to mention Toronto, Canada but it wasn't as cold as the other places I've been to/lived in.

Vancouver was like Sydney, temperature wise, for me anyway :)

I wore short sleeves when I first came to Melbourne, Oz, in the winter time. People thought I was mad ..... :D

Now I ask my Dad who still lives there, to put central heating on when I visit him in the winter ....