Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to bring to hospital?

One "outfit" of comfy clothes(yoga pants, tank with built in bra and t shirt for me), flip flop or slip in shoes, hair tie, underwear. I wouldn't mess with a bra, makeup, or a lot of hair stuff other than a brush. Most hospitals will have toothbrush/toothpaste but as I have worked in hospitals I can tell you they are crappy and you may want to bring your own. When I had my surgery I was released the next afternoon, so I decided to just wait to shower at home.

And honestly you could get by bringing nothing. But I am a quirky, particular person, and I am not comfortable when my skin is touching my own skin( like a shirt with no shelf bra, or a skirt instead of pants, so I wanted to get out of the hospital gown asap!

I stayed in 2 hospital gowns (front and back) and those stylish hospital grippy socks the whole time. You will be expected to walk the halls. I felt covered just fine and IDGAF anyway ;)

I had my iPad, iPhone and a neck pillow that I used a bit when sitting up. I slept every time I was given hydrocodone, on and off all day and night. I went home in the yoga pants and tshirt I arrived in.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I ended up being in the hospital for 3 nights and 4 days due to some complications but I didn't care what I was wearing. I put my robe on over the hospital gown so I could walk the halls. I brought some lip balm because my lips got very dry. A notebook and pen for writing down notes and information given by medical staff. Due to the meds you may forget a lot of it so its better to write it all down. Your cell phone or Ipad will be great company, and maybe a magazine. Other than that you really don't need much more than your toothbrush and toothpaste, brush, and some lotion for your body. You will be dry from drinking so little. I brought too much stuff to the hospital last time but when I have my revision at the end of the summer I will travel a lot lighter. lol

I brought way more then I needed!! Only used clean underwear, socks, hairbrush, toothbrush and paste, biotine mouth spray and Chapstick.....didn't even touch my phone or IPad. [emoji15]

GASX. If I had to redo surgery and could only pack 1 thing. It would be that. But Lip Balm too. You will be very dry. I wore a hospital gown until time to leave.

Sent from my LG-V410 using the BariatricPal App

Yup. Chapstick for sure... electronic chargers, and maybe an extension cord for that... I wore the same clothes into the hospital, home. The hospital gave me a binder with all of my information, so I didn't have to write anything down. toothbrush/toothpaste, brush, and I brought my pillow because I'm a pillow snob, but also, I used that pillow on the way home in between me and the seat belt... that was also a great thing to have!

I was specifically told to only bring my id, insurance card, and cell phone. I went home in what I arrived to the hospital in.

@@lakegirlmn

How are you doing?