Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am looking for a buddy

My name is Tammy I live the in Kitsap County Washington state. I am getting prepared for gastric bypass surgery I have not had the surgery yet. Just getting through all the stages. I still have to get my goal weight for surgery. I have finished all my tests and now I have 3 behavioral therapy sessions to complete and I finished my physical therapy and nutriontist appointments. I am nervous about not able to eat the foods that I love and don't want to give up. I am nervous about going through the surgery and having the dumping syndrome. I am having trouble with foods that I am suppose to eat. I have trouble with skipping mealsand Snacks.

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

Hi Tammy, I'm 13 months post op RNY. Your worries are normal, but trust me, for the most part, won't be a concern the further you get post op. Can I eat the food I love- yup 90 % of them. I choose not to though cause the foods I love is what caused me to be super morbidly obese. I can't tolerate fried foods, of fatty food at all. I don't drink calories at all, only Water or diet Snapple. O can tolerate sweets, which is bad cause that's my biggest problem- but again it's a choice to eat what my body needs nutritionally, and sweets arent nutrition. I've dumped a few times, and for me it's extremely subtle, not the writhing agony some describe. I really have to pay attention to realize it. Everyone's experience is different-- just giving you mine. A huge part of this is dealing with the mental-- I'd encourage counseling to sort though what ever is the driving force one use food to hide from, cope with etc. (I did years of therapy a few years before WLS it helped me understand why I had the attitudes towards weight and nutrition I had)

Tackle one thing at a time to not get overwhelmed. It will all be so worth it!

I don't have really any friends where I live. I am on my own but I do have a little family. I am having trouble with getting the rest of the weight off. I don't know what I should be eating at this point. Its confusing and I am still eating breads and rice and Pasta and starches. Am I doing that wrong.

I'm in Kitsap county and I was just approved on Wednesday to start stage 2 of the process

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I don't have really any friends where I live. I am on my own but I do have a little family. I am having trouble with getting the rest of the weight off. I don't know what I should be eating at this point. Its confusing and I am still eating breads and rice and Pasta and starches. Am I doing that wrong.

How many calories are you eating?

What worked to wean me off of "white carbs" pre op was to limit them to one carb per meal. (IE- instead of chicken, Mac and cheese and cornbread, I had chicken and cornbread.) Then eventually I transitioned my one carb to a vegetable. It's overwhelming to drop it all at once, so that's why I opted to gradually work things out of my diet.

You can also start using Protein shakes as Meal Replacements, but you will struggle with hunger initially.

Do you have a nutritionist?

How many calories are you eating?

What worked to wean me off of "white carbs" pre op was to limit them to one carb per meal. (IE- instead of chicken, Mac and cheese and cornbread, I had chicken and cornbread.) Then eventually I transitioned my one carb to a vegetable. It's overwhelming to drop it all at once, so that's why I opted to gradually work things out of my diet.

You can also start using Protein shakes as Meal Replacements, but you will struggle with hunger initially.

Do you have a nutritionist?

I finished my nutriontist appointments and I have to go to the nutriontist at the one who is my care team. I see her on the 17th of this month.

I'm in Kitsap county and I was just approved on Wednesday to start stage 2 of the process

Where are you located in Kitsap County

Central

Hi Tammy, I am Lenore and i am in the process of having the surgery as well. I have done all I need to do needed to do but losing the last 14 pounds i need to loose.I can relate about the Snacks it is hard but i changed my snack instead of eating chips i would eat pretzel and fruit but sometime i be wanting to eat ice cream and stuff like that.I know it is hard and when you deprive yourself a person want eat more so if i want ice cream i would have sherbet that helps. But if you would like you can write me anytime. Take care

Hi there. So you still have to get 14#'s off. I have a problem eating every meal and the Snacks. I tend to forget about eating and then it gets later and later. And I keep forgetting to log my meals. I have 10 pounds to loose and I go up and down with my weight. I walk just about 6 to 7 days a week. I do not understand why the weight won't come off.

I go to the gym every evening and walk my dogs in the morning, I eat mainly Paleo, I have 16 lbs to loose.

Hey, Tammy! I'm a fellow Washingtonian, but wrong side of the state :mellow: Do you have myfitnesspal or a fitbit or anything? We're at least the same time zone and could maybe challenge each other to do X amount of steps or exercise at certain times of the day?

Feel free to add me :) I'll charge my fitbit tonight if I can find it haha. Duckydoom on both MFP and Fitbit.

What kind of dogs do you have? I have a crazy 1 year old hound puppy that needs to be walked daily (probably a couple times a day, who am I kidding) and a fat 8 year old Rottie mix who loves to go for long, leisurely walks.