Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The last year, going from 52-53 may have been the best year of my life. My first 5K in decades, first mountain climb, more sex than I have ever had in my entire life...I don't think this was all because of superficial external changes, this was because of deep mental and spiritual change resulting from finally getting control of an area which had become a problem. As I am want to say, this is a tool, not a magic wand. But in the past the only tool I had was a hammer, and all my problems looked like nails. With this tool, I am seeing many more possibilities. I wish I had known about this earlier and possibly would not be having the loose skin issues, but if that's my biggest problem, pfft, who cares.

@@Babbs seriously? You are turning 49? You look fabulous! I was thinking you look a bit like Anna Faris!

Ha! I don't think I look like her, but thanks for the nice compliment!

I'd like to think I have more wisdom and patience now. However, I'm entering the 4th quarter of my life likely and I am way more healthy than I was at 40!

Best of luck

Best I've felt in a long, long time.

Very glad to have taken on the weight battle and utilized wls to assist. It's been a fast few months and I feel 20 years younger......even though I know that another hernia repair and shoulder surgery is needed soon.

So much more energy now.....energy and enthusiasm to take on challenges and enjoy myself during the process.

No regrets whatsoever about my sleeve surgery.

I will turn 45 in December which will be 3 weeks after my 1 year surgiversary. 2016 isn't even half over and it has already been such a kick. By the time I run a 5k on my birthday, I will have trained for and finished a super sprint triathlon and a marathon. I make no promises on times, but I will do everything I can to finish! I have already lost more than 80 pounds and although that is slowing, I am still losing! All my training is making me stronger and I feel better than I EVER remember feeling in my life. I have no regrets. Although I wish I had done it sooner, I know I wasn't ready.

pam

40's have been a blast so far, I'm only half way through them... It's great to be financially stable it give you freedom to do something that money just didn't allow in the 30's... I think 40's teach you not to sweat the small stuff... The only downside has been the ever changing hormones... Life can only get better after surgery when I'll have a toll that will help me fight the weight and will become more active etc...

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them"

Einstein

@@jersey0601 i think we appreciate it more and maybe regret not doing it sooner.

After battling my weight for 40+ years, I am extremely compliant and am bound and determined to make this "work" if it kills me. Not sure I would have had this conviction if I'd have had it done when I was young.

(Grinning)

Just try to imagine how much more I know (at 70) than you young whippersnappers in your 40s.

(Still grinning)

I was 62 when I had my operation and I am so glad I had it done, like others say I just wish I could of had it sooner. Best thing I ever did

You are all so inspiring. Can't wait to get this done!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had Surgery at fifty two and the only thing I regret is that I didn't do it sooner, I feel younger, healthier and even sexier, at times .

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was 59 when I had the surgery 8 months ago and I am LOVING every minute of my journey and my life now. I'm the sort of woman that you worry about when you see them out on their own wandering around with an idiotic grin on their face. That's me these days. It's fine when I have the dogs out with me as people think I'm grinning at their antics but on my own in the supermarket? I look highly suspect, just a little odd but ever so happy!!!!!!

I'm 46 and I LOVE IT!!!! Deciding to have the surgery on 2 weeks has made me feel I really have control over my life. I'm looking forward to living life to the fullest and not being given afraid to try new things because of the fear of being rejected because of being fat. Come on surgery. I ready to take life by the horns!!!

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

Happy Birthday ladies

@@LisaMergs @@Babbs

you both are lookin' great (for your age LOL)

did you guys have enough candles for the "cake", or whatever???

49, that's a lot!!! :lol:

clearing my throat....

"Celebrate, Celebrate, dance to the music""!!

kathy

congrats