Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

12 days post op no BM since day 6

Should I be worried? I'm still on Clear liquids. I just had a crush scan yesterday and everything was ok.

I think I having gas pain or its from Constipation? I figured since I've been on Clear Liquids I wouldn't have an issue. Have not been on pain meds since day 2 in hospital and yesterday when I went to the er.

I have this strange pain it's not excruciating but it's like I can feel it traveling through my intestines.

Is there a stool softener we can take??

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Sorry you are not feeling well, most likely it's because you need to have BM. You can take milk of magnesia it was approved by my surgeon. I also did diluted 100% prune juice to help things move. Trust me even with liquids (it won't be solid by any means so be careful not to confuse it for gas if you do take something to help you to) you will have BM looks like you are constipated. You will feel so much better after you have BM !

Hi,

I know how you feel. You can take Colace, my doc said 2, 2x day until I was doing ok, then you can regulate as needed. Milk of Mag is good too. Make sure you are getting your 64 oz of Water in. Good luck! Everything else ok?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had problems too at first.

I used a suppository and walked around a little bit and within 5-10 minutes I had to go. The past few days have been good and I have not needed that.

Super surprised your bariatric team hasn't addressed this with you. If you haven't gone in 6 days you should be taking more than a stool softener. Try a gentle laxative first, like Miralax as soon as possible. If that doesnt work, go for Milk of Magnesia-- it's intense, but you should go.You dont want an impacted bowel. Try adding Probiotics to your Vitamin routine. They keep the flora healthy in your gut and should help regulate you. Fiber supplements and probiotics (and colace and miralax) were lifesavers. Now, because I take fiber and probiotics, I never need laxatives anymore. Im 10 months out RNY.

Sorry you are going through this

.i havent had that experience as i go everyday its just watery stool..uggh like today all day non stop and i havent ate anything yet.. you have to drink more Water...also maybe infused Water with mint and cucumbers.

Best of luck. Im at a stall ugggh i lost 21 pounds as of may 12,well last 2 week nothing!

Sent from my SM-G925P using the BariatricPal App