Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exceeding the lifting limit of 25 pounds?

What are the signs that you have lifted too much?

When your insides start trying to get outside (shades of Alien!) through the incisions in your abdominal wall (aka an incisional hernia). The incisions in your skin may have closed and healed and your ab muscles may feel stronger, but connective tissues such as the fascia of the abdominal wall don't get nearly the blood supply that the muscles and skin get, so the heal much more slowly.

@@rickm Thanks. Not sure if I actually "did" any damage but I'm sore. I'm not good at asking others for things that I think I should be able to do myself and was lifting too much.

I will contact surgeon on Tuesday - sure hope I didn't mess up anything.

@@rickm Thanks. Not sure if I actually "did" any damage but I'm sore. I'm not good at asking others for things that I think I should be able to do myself and was lifting too much.

I will contact surgeon on Tuesday - sure hope I didn't mess up anything.

Don't wait until Tuesday. Your surgeon should have given you a 24 hour phone number. There is nothing wrong with using it.

Thanks ISG. I did call and surgeon asked numerous questions and I am ok but will go in on Tuesday just to be sure.

Thanks ISG. I did call and surgeon asked numerous questions and I am ok but will go in on Tuesday just to be sure.

Glad to hear. Thanks for the update.

@@WantToBe How did it go? I'm waiting to see doctor in a few days. I think I have an incisional hernia. Horrible bowel pain and a bulge above belly button. Ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches