Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Merry Christmas!

I am just reminding myself to do this.... I don't get banded until December 17th and just had a holy S#*^ , what am I doing panic moment. I wish I didn't have 10 weeks to think about this. (from the time I schedulded my surgery) but being a teacher this is the best time!! BREATH!!!!!!!!;)

Know the feeling. I received my surgery date on Oct. 11 and my surgery date is Dec. 6. Just keep busy. I took up crocheting. We are all here to help you through this period. We can help each other. I am focusing on a cruise I have scheduled from November 24 to December 2. I am also getting ready to start decorating for Christmas and I am trying to do all of my shopping before I go on the cruise.

I would like to join the group....I got "The Call" yesterday...My band date is December 3rd. I'm psyched, nervous, anxious, scared and excited. I'm going on a cruise January 18th and am looking forward to a whole new way to live my life, including vacationing. I've been lurking around here since august like Girlyz Girl, and I can't wait to hear about everyone's experiences and gain/give support now and in the coming months. December 2007 banders need to band together because we are giving the BEST gifts to ourselves this year. Good luck to all of us...

Welcome and congrats! I still don't know if I am the 3rd or 17th since I have not heard back from the Doctors but I am starting to believe this is finally going to happen!!

I am getting banded in December - possibly the 4th. It was a difficult decision, but now that it's made, I feel like the world has lifted from my shoulders. I am so tired of thinking CONSTANTLY about my weight, etc.....I've been on a diet since I was 13. Those thoughts are already gone, just knowing I am doing this. ;)

Stupid question - how do you get the cute line of avatars with your goal weight, etc. at the bottom of the messages? :help:

TXbandit - go to tickerfactory.com - they explain how to do it on the site. It's pretty easy, although it took me 3 times to get it almost right....Congrats on your date...I really hope we can all use each other as support as we go through this new life changing experience together. I am constantly reading other months and I think it's great how they all share what'ss happening to each of them. It's going to be a big adjustment and a great learning experience for us all...God knows I need as much support as I can get. I've only told hubby (who keeps questioning how will this impact him) and my mom who is 1500 miles away and doesn't necessarily get it. Although she claims she does. December Merry Banders unite!

TXbandit - check out the thread

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

It has a pictoral tutorial that you will find helpful.

Thanks - I finally figured it out with help! Funny, I am such a dork - I thought the "Ticker" thread was for people with heart conditions!!!

Not yet.....my doc has to drive up to Austin from San Antonio and does so twice a month. Guess I will hafta be patient!!

Yes I am December 17! Yippee and Oh my God! I have to do a two week liqid diet so I figure Thanksgiving will be my "last supper" I am getting excited and scared.

Girly - I have to do a one week diet - so I am looking at Thanksgiving as my last supper as well....I'm not scared or excited, I haven't given this the attention it really needs. I've been working and so busy that I think I better slow down and get mentally prepared. I typically just start doing stuff and think about it later. I don't think I can do that in this case. Although that's how I handled all the pre-op testing. Just went with the flow. I'm concerned if I think too much about it I may get scared and not go forward and I just cannot do that...I'm looking at this as my last solid attempt that I need to make at changing my lifestyle and eating/exercising habits and keeping the weight off. Oh boy! this is a lot to think about..I better get a glass of wine and start getting ready for my big change.....

Thanks! anyone who wants to add their name fill free, We are all Merry!

Caramel

Hello Merry Bandsters!!!!!

I am going to be banded 12/5 at St Francis by Dr Clarke. I am excited, nervous, hesitant, and a bit emotional. Think I am afraid of failing as I have done soooooo many times before. I will be starting a 2 week pre op diet prior to Thanksgiving. My family is not to happy about that. :)

Have already started doing some Protein suplements as Meal Replacements to become mentally ready. Not so bad I guess.....

Think the New Year will bring some positive change and I am cheering to that.:whoo:I ordered a body bug so I will be interested to see how it works. Has anyone tried one yet?

Looking forward to getting to know everyone better...