Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tips and advice for our newbies

@@jaxmom

I totally laughed out loud to your

Ooooooooo cake comment

That was funny!

I've always wanted to write a book! Lol

Actually I've been encouraged to since I wrote poems in high school (which was a bazillion years ago)

My Omi (Dutch for grandma) always said I wrote my letters to her like I was there talking.

I like writing but for some reason I went into nursing and Health Record Management.

Weird.

HA!

but thank you for the comments and compliments! !!

Happy to help!

Edited by heather5565

Really great list!

You did good. :)

@@jaxmom

Ooooooooo cake comment

That was funny!

Actually I've been encouraged to since I wrote poems in high school (which was a bazillion years ago)

My Omi (Dutch for grandma) always Saif I wrote my letters to her like I was there talking.

I like writing but for some reason I went into nursing and Health Record Management.

Weird.

HA!

Happy to help!

Ooooooo do it!!! And when you go on tour to promote your book I will be your assistant and fetch you Protein shakes. We could hit all the major cities and meet up with all the amazing people on this website.

Hey and I wonder if you could get a big advance and use it to buy us clothes to wear on tour? And pretty shoes and purses. Makeup and accessories. Squeeeeee!!!

Pushy little thing, aren't I? ;) ;)

It's so much fun to dream...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@heather5565 excellent post! so very helpful. Thank you!

are you Dutch heritage? (I am too but I do not know if I can teach the grands to call me Oma)

and just start writing one page at a time, see what comes of it? Earlier this year I did a piece for fan fiction because books niggle at my mind all the time, and to my surprise it was very well received! and that was a lovely boost for me.

@@jaxmom

Ooooooooo cake comment

That was funny!

My Omi (Dutch for grandma) always Saif I wrote my letters to her like I was there talking.

Weird.

HA!

Happy to help!

Ooooooo do it!!! And when you go on tour to promote your book I will be your assistant and fetch you Protein shakes. We could hit all the major cities and meet up with all the amazing people on this website.

Hey and I wonder if you could get a big advance and use it to buy us clothes to wear on tour? And pretty shoes and purses. Makeup and accessories. Squeeeeee!!!

Pushy little thing, aren't I? ;) ;)

It's so much fun to dream...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Omg this is so awesome!

I think we'd get along great and our tour would be a huge success!

@@Christinamo7

I am half Dutch half Canadian lol

My dad and his family came to Canada when he was in his 20's and he married my mom that is from British Columbia Canada.

I can't speak a lick of Dutch tho, unfortunately.

It is true - Oma is actually the correct way to say Grandma in Dutch.... but my "Oma" wouldn't even acknowledge you if you called her Oma. It HAD TO BE OMI.

Dutch people, eh Pffft ?!?!?!

Hahahaha

Now I am seriously considering on writing a book....

I used to journal like I was writing a book. Maybe I should try it for real!

Edited by heather5565

@@Christinamo7

I am half Dutch half Canadian lol

My dad and his family came to Canada when he was in his 20's and he married my mom that is from British Columbia Canada.

I can't speak a ***** of Dutch tho, unfortunately.

It is true - Oma is actually the correct way to say Grandma in Dutch.... but my "Oma" wouldn't even acknowledge you if you called her Oma. It HAD TO BE OMI.

Dutch people, eh?!?!?!

Hahahaha

Now I am seriously considering on writing a book....

I used to journal like I was writing a book. Maybe I should try it for real!

see, I knew I liked you a lot! My Dad's family is from Holland - his grandparents moved here right before his dad was born. The only Dutch I picked up on were naughty words spoken in the direction of naughty children who irritated the elders enough to make them revert to speaking the old language. ha. Trying to learn a little bit now but its hard at my age.

do try to write your book, what could it hurt?

Learn to love yourself. If you don't then you won't be happy with your new body. I knew we all used to daydream about how perfect our lives would be if we only lost the weight but we know deep down inside that reality is far different. Love yourself every step of the way so that you can enjoy your new life.

Edited by Proud2BMe

Learn to love yourself. If you don't then you won't be happy with your new body. I knew we all used to daydream about how perfect our lives would be if we only lost the weight but we know deep down inside that reality is far different. Love yourself every step of the way so that you can enjoy your new life.

Good tip @@Proud2BMe

**if there is anything someone wants to add .....

weight loss, success WILL happen

you MUST be patient

you won't/can't lose all your weight/inches over night :(

God Grant Me Patience, Just Hurry Up About It!!!"

@@heather5565

good post, words, hints, advice

thanx for taking the time writing post

kathy

this is great! Thanks for putting it together.