Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@midvishon I talked to Dr. Shillingford's office yesterday. I'm glad to hear they are highly regarded. Found out last night that the $18k quote doesn't include pre-op testing- which will likely add another $2000 to my cost. So I'm definitely considering the Florida option strongly.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

If you decide to go with Dr. Shillingford, and aren't going to put the surgery on a credit card, ask about their cash (check, money order, etc) discount. I only paid $10,000, and that $500 discount more than covered my travel expenses (I flew from Minnesota for the surgery because of his self pay pricing).
Thanks. I also checked with Dr. Wizman and we agreed on $9,900.

Not sure which one is better but they operate at the same hospital and it seems that Dr. Wizman has better post op support.

Have you ever looked at him as an option when you were looking for self pay procedure?

Edited by midvishon

@@midvishon I talked to Dr. Shillingford's office yesterday. I'm glad to hear they are highly regarded. Found out last night that the $18k quote doesn't include pre-op testing- which will likely add another $2000 to my cost. So I'm definitely considering the Florida option strongly.

If you decide to go with Dr. Shillingford, and aren't going to put the surgery on a credit card, ask about their cash (check, money order, etc) discount. I only paid $10,000, and that $500 discount more than covered my travel expenses (I flew from Minnesota for the surgery because of his self pay pricing).

Not sure which one is better but they operate at the same hospital and it seems that Dr. Wizman has better post op support.

Have you ever looked at him as an option when you were looking for self pay procedure?

I didn't, but I can't recall why. 9,900 is amazing! And I remember reading good things about him too. Are you local to Boca Raton? Does Dr. W's price include all pre op labs?

From what I understand, Dr. Shillingford has good post op support, but I'm out of state, so I never got to take advantage of it. I get monthly emails about their free nutrition classes for post op patients. His price includes pre op labs, but again, I didn't get to have them done there, since I'm in MN. If Dr. W's price includes pre op testing, and you are local to the area, I don't think you can go wrong with either him or Dr. S.

For fun, here's my results so far thanks to Dr. S!

post-257570-14659417405325_thumb.jpg

I didn't, but I can't recall why. 9,900 is amazing! And I remember reading good things about him too. Are you local to Boca Raton? Does Dr. W's price include all pre op labs?

From what I understand, Dr. Shillingford has good post op support, but I'm out of state, so I never got to take advantage of it. I get monthly emails about their free nutrition classes for post op patients. His price includes pre op labs, but again, I didn't get to have them done there, since I'm in MN. If Dr. W's price includes pre op testing, and you are local to the area, I don't think you can go wrong with either him or Dr. S.

For fun, here's my results so far thanks to Dr. S!

Wow. Just Wow. What an inspiration!!! You really did great.

Thank you for your reply. I guess I will better start a post to get some feedback from others as well on which of the 2 to go with. I met both of them. Dr. S was very pleasant but he never met me one on one to hear me and for me to interview him. Dr. W on the other hand spent over 30 minutes with me listening to the real issues I have (I am considered "low" BMI with around 37 but I have the worst family history and had already 2 stents put in. Also HBP and severe back and joint pain). He also mentioned to me that he was Dr. S professor. Dr. W is very confident of himself which scares me a bit (something like I am the best and the rest are good but not the best - although he never used these words exactly).

Yes I am local to FL about 1 hour north to Boca Raton. No the pre op is not included but I was told this probably should be covered by my insurance.

Just confirmed my date today. Aug. 25th. Could have done it in 2-3 weeks but I don't want to ruin my kids and wife summer. By Aug 25 the kids are back to school and I will have the peace and quite to recover.

@@midvishon

Just confirmed my date today. Aug. 25th. Could have done it in 2-3 weeks but I don't want to ruin my kids and wife summer. By Aug 25 the kids are back to school and I will have the peace and quite to recover.

So exciting!! You'll be almost a year exactly behind me. I was sleeved on 8/31