Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Triathlon training starts today!

Would you be willing to share your training schedule for the 13 weeks? I was really looking to begin some training in this area. I already run 10k pretty easily, bike ride is no problem, but the swimming I haven't really done. Good luck with your training and keep us posted on your progress!

Sure, i can pm it to you. Im about to leave, so give me a day or two, but ill send it to you.

Wrapping up week 4 of 13, I never ever suspected I could be addicted to exercise like I am. I love it and how it makes me feel. Some of the great apps and techno gizmos really gives you great data on how your improving. I'm up to running 5 miles now, I found a group to ride with on Wednesdays, which is a lot of fun. I ran a 5k last weekend because it fit in my training plan, shaved 2 minutes off my previous 5k time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Pretty excited and pumped about starting my 13 week triathlon training today, even though Mondays are my rest days! LOL. I see an exercise physiologist at my surgery center. She designed a training course for me that is very detailed and structured. (I need that!) She spent alot of time researching it. She basically took 3 different plans from the Internet and took parts off each and custom fit it to me. She is young, fresh out of college and I think she enjoyed the challenge of it, which actually motivates me even more, I don't want to let her down!

I picked a long sprint triathlon that is in my hometown in August. Quarter mile swim, 17 mile bike, and 4.1 mile run. I have always wanted to do triathlons since I was in my early 20's, but life got in the way, so now that I am at my goal weight, it's my next challenge in life! Ready, set, go!

Would you be willing to share your training schedule for the 13 weeks? I was really looking to begin some training in this area. I already run 10k pretty easily, bike ride is no problem, but the swimming I haven't really done. Good luck with your training and keep us posted on your progress!

Hey, sorry, just realized I never sent this to you. Let me try that right now

@@Ryan TN

I am in Week 4 also. Just started week 4 today. I have a 5k test to run after work tonight. Its a bit cooler here today so I slept in this morning and moved my run to afterwork. I hate Monday mornings. I found something that, for me, is a pretty good fuel source. I tried trail mix on Saturday at our long run. It had dark chocolate chips, raisins and craisins, cashews, pistachios, and almonds. It was in the handful packages from Trader Joes. It was a great mix of Protein and carbs and it didn't bother my stomach at all.

Keep up the great work!
pam

Best of luck to you as well, Pam. I have 53 days, I can't wait! I am doing a small practice tri next weekend and I'm doing a 62 mile bike race this Saturday. Never thought I'd ever be this addicted to exercise!

Did my first triathlon today, it was kind of a practice one leading up to the big one I'm doing in August. I really enjoyed it today. I wanted to finish under an hour, finished in 53 minutes!post-261380-14681046150981_thumb.jpg

I'm in the red in the lower picture. A good friend of mine ran it also.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App post-261380-14681097637969_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ryan TN

post-261380-14690303214942_thumb.jpg

53 days till this goes down!

Yay!!!

@@Ryan TN

How goes your training? I did my Tri on Sunday and although I hadn't trained nearly enough for the bike and swim, it went pretty well for the first time. I finished my super sprint in under an hour which was my goal! Hope your training is going well and you've been managing in the heat and humidity.

pam

I had a surgeon like this. I did a 10K 3 weeks and a day after surgery. My slowest one but I did it. What a bunch of stuff ...

Sorry I'm just now posting this. 13 weeks of training came to this moment! My goal was to finish under 2 hours and i finished in 1 hour and 52 minutes, good enough for 6th place in my age group. What a great feeling to accomplish my goal and had alot of fun doing it. Now on to my next race. Don't give up on your dream! Set a goal, train, work for it, it's so worth it!

post-261380-14722581574114_thumb.jpg