Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I've been slacking on ...

So It's been a little over a year since I started my weight loss journey and 9 months since surgery. I realized I've been neglecting a few things lately and I need to get back on track.

1) Water - I'm nowhere near my 64 oz I should be getting in. I have been drinking more Decaf coffee and with that comes 1/2 and 1/2. Going to limit myself to two cups a day - one in the AM and one in the evening. For some reason I like drinking coffee at night...it feels like a "snack" and helps me with avoiding munching in front of the TV.

2) Vitamins - I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW....something I need to get better at. I have not been able to get this into my daily routine. I'm good some days and not good the others. I just need to do it. End of story. They tend to make me sick and I got out of the habit.

3) Weighing/measuring/tracking - I've been eyeballing portions and I haven't been tracking. Again - I just need to do it.

4) Exercise - I've committed to exercising and I've been going to Zumba twice a week and Yoga 1x a week. I was doing really well ramping up my walking outside and then the weather changed and it turned COLD/RAINY BLAH BLAH BLAH (excuses excuses) and I haven't been getting in as many steps. I have a treadmill I could've used it but I didn't. I let myself use the excuse that it was cold, I was cold, it was rainy etc. to not get in any additional walking per week. I need to ramp up my exercise in order to lose this last 22lbs! :blink:

I have 13 weeks until my 1 YEAR FOLLOW UP with the Surgeon and my NUT. I would like to be 175 lbs by that date. My ultimate goal is still 165....but if I could get to 175 by that 8/23 appointment I would be happy! That's another 12 lbs.... I can do it! :D

2 1/2 years out.......................it's that weighing, measuring, and logging that is crucial for me. It only takes me a couple of days of "eyeballing" to run off the rails. And the scales..........I know, some doctors say to weigh once in a while, but weighing every morning keeps me in check. It is so much easier to recover from a small gain than a large one.

@@MissMac - I totally agree with the scale thing. I have to, or I will have to recover from a larger gain.

@Margie122 - the Water thing is not too hard for me but giving up the coffee in its place, esp in the early morning is hard. I really hit the Water after about 8am. If I drink too much after about 7pm I am making numerous trips.

I have really gotten into the mowing thing, just not enough rain here to make it grow really fast - yet.

It sounds like you know what to do: go back to basics.

You didn't mention Protein, but I would guess that if you aren't tracking your food you aren't getting in your Protein. Making sure you get in your protein and Water is the most important thing you can do as far as I am concerned.

Protein, Water, Vitamins, and exercise --- you can do it!