Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New rny and it seems like I can drink more than most

Hi everyone! I had my surgery 5 days ago and I can drink like 8 ounces of Fluid in 30 minutes. Should I be concerned about this? I'm not hungry at all and it has been actually nice because I am not at risk for dehydration so I'm hoping it is just a combo of the fluids going straight through the pouch and less than expected inflammation. Any thoughts?

Also, I had a bm today but it was liquidy. Are we actually expected to have formed stools this soon?

Thanks

Edited by Katrinakit

I have not ever had problems getting enough to drink either. I am now 6 month out. I started eating ice chips like crazy as soon as I woke up and I was able to drink all my Water within days of surgery.

pam

Oh good. And have you had weight loss success?

That's good! I am 7 days out, I had hard time drinking but I've have (3 in one surgeries) so I had a lot more swelling. In the beginning I had a hard time with drinking so I did only warm drinks because I could tolerate but only tiny sips... Today I am doing better, able to drink room temp Water but still smaller sips, it's really hard to get all Water in this way, but in working on it.

I think it's great you can drink with no prob!

I'm also worried because I haven't lost any weight yet which I know is probably from iv fluids but still

I had my surgery on Monday, home on Wednesday. I'm not up to my 64 ounces of Water just yet. I am at 56 ounces if you include the Water for the Protein, so I guess I'm actually going to get it in today! Woo Hoo!

I feel pretty good overall, but I'm still pretty sore on the left side. I keep having these half hiccup/burps that really hurt!

And I'm tired of sweet drinks. I've added some beef bouillon today, but I can't remember if that counts in my total count for liquids... My post surgery notes only mention the Protein Drinks I should be drinking (4oz/3 times a day)

I get those hiccups when I drink too much at once. I have been counting broth as Fluid. Yeah I am just sick of Protein Drinks in general.

Honestly the ONLY problem i had drinking this week has been that I've always been too tired to finish my fluids. Lol. Ive noticed 0 nausea from it.

I've been really tired as well