Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling demoralised...

Hi. I got a lap band in August. I was 97kg at the time and now am only at 93kg. My band is sitting at 5mls, I've had to recently Re - educate myself on how to eat with the 20-20 rule and finally I am able to eat without being sick. But unfortunately the weight loss is nil. I feel like a failure. I realise my BMI is not as high as others and I was hoping to lose about 60lbs. I can tend to eat chocolate as I crave sweet things. I don't find its my main meals which are the problem but I can snack at times on things I shouldn't. Any advice or tips would be really welcome. ..feeling a but worthless.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using the BariatricPal App

That is frustrating, but don't give up on yourself or the lap-band. Try to find a support group or go back to your surgeon's office and talk to the nutritionist. It's never too late to recommit to yourself.

I agree that the snacking may be causing some of your problems. Try to cut those out or replace them with healthy choices or just a bottle of flavored water. The flavor surprise will hopefully make it seem like a "treat".

YOU ARE WORTH IT!!

@@Tamster79 I have not had WL yet but wanted to offer some advice. Avoid carbs - they will make you crave more carbs. Go with a high Protein low carb diet. Many Sleeve/Bypass people use this "Pouch Reset" diet and go back to basics. Maybe it will help you as well. My NUT recommends 5-6 very small meals (50% Protein/50% Produce). No Pasta, bread or rice. If candy/chocolate is a trigger food -/avoid them. You should definitely meet with a nutritionist. Good luck! post-287902-14635083300938_thumb.jpg

@@Tamster79 I have not had WL yet but wanted to offer some advice. Avoid carbs - they will make you crave more carbs. Go with a high Protein low carb diet. Many Sleeve/Bypass people use this "Pouch Reset" diet and go back to basics. Maybe it will help you as well. My NUT recommends 5-6 very small meals (50% Protein/50% Produce). No Pasta, bread or rice. If candy/chocolate is a trigger food -/avoid them. You should definitely meet with a nutritionist. Good luck! attachicon.gif tapatalk_1461183821060.jpeg

Thank you. I'll definitely try high Protein low carb. I definitely need to avoid sugar I find for 2 weeks of the month I crave it so I'll try and avoid so I lose the cravings. Thanks.

I was banded 2 years ago and even tho the band is great for some it wasn't for me. I had 10 mls. In a 14 band got sick at least once a day. As of the 28th I will have it removed and the sleeve performed. Good luck with yours and hope you become one of the fortunate ones.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi. Well I was exactly like you except I didn't get all upset if I didn't get rid of weight. First year one pound one month the next maybe one and half the next one off. The main thing is it's a loss two years down the line like me. I'm nearly 4 stone less.

They key I found was get that band filled. Small amounts each time. And just relax about it. Stress causes problems with the band. It feels like everything is very tight.

Hi. Well I was exactly like you except I didn't get all upset if I didn't get rid of weight. First year one pound one month the next maybe one and half the next one off. The main thing is it's a loss two years down the line like me. I'm nearly 4 stone less.

They key I found was get that band filled. Small amounts each time. And just relax about it. Stress causes problems with the band. It feels like everything is very tight.

Thanks for your guidance, that gives me a bit of hope maybe my expectations a bit unreal

My best advice, and I'm speaking from experience, is to cut out sugar and empty carbs. They will do nothing but slide through your band and stall your weight loss. I know how tempting they are, trust me!!! About a year after being banded, I started giving in to temptation. I would eat an entire bucket of ice cream in one evening. I could also put back a family sized package of Cookies.... All because I figured out my band wouldn't stop me. What a waste. I was sabotaging my own success. I lost 155 pounds and reached my goal weight in under 2 years, but I had about 4 months in there where I was eating poorly and didn't lose. I still struggle with saying "no" every day. You will thank yourself when you stop. The first couple of weeks might be hard, but your cravings will decrease a lot! Love yourself. Love your body. Remind yourself that you only have 1 body and you deserve to be happy and healthy. You can do this!