Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went to see the hemotologist yesterday. It was a bit scary because it was a tumor institute so everyone treated me like I had cancer. Anyway, the doctor was nice but was obsessed with the survey I had. He wanted to know how much weight I had lost since surgery. I told him 31lbs. He acted like that wasn't much and the proceeded to ask me how much more weight I planned to lose? I was like DUDE are you serious! 31lbs in 7 weeks isn't good enough!!! He then proceeded to tell me that I should be exercising 7 days a week and taking the dog on long walks doesn't count! Why do people become so obsessed with this surgery they know nothing about. Not even my bariatric surgeon asks me about my weight. My nutritionist even told me last week they don't like telling people a goal weight because every person is different and it all depends on how much you put into your new life style. Anyway, sorry for the rant but it is so frustrating! He is my blood doctor not my bariatric Doctor!

Geez... what a jerk! I worked have been frustrated too. You should have said, I guess you lost a lot when you had your surgery huh? Lol maybe that would have shut him up.

Hard life when you're raised to be polite. But I still have my thoughts. Lol

Had a really tough day today. Three interventions, two of them rather long ones. I felt like collapsing. Did some restorative yoga in the evening.

I still feel rather dehydrated. You're sweating like a pig when wearing the x-ray protection gear and the surgical mask, gown and gloves because the air conditioning can't counter the warmth the machine radiates throughout the day. The temperature in the morning is about 19-20°C which is ok - in the afternoon we often have about 24-25°C in the room.

Edited by summerset

@@summerset try propel Water helps a lot has electrolytes and potassium...has been helping me out a lot I was very dehydrated

Sent from my iPhone using BariatricPal

Lindsey so sorry your hemo treated you that way I would definitely find another...try zoc doc shows you all the reviews

Hey ladies just an update almost 40 pounds down I'm very happy I'm finally able to hold down liquids fairly well...the issue seemed to be whey Protein actually (either the whey is too heavy or I have developed a slight lactaid intolerance) "sleevette" (my sleeve name) seems to be very picky so I'm trying hemp Protein and other forms such as chicken and I seem to be doing well. I got the okay to go back to work on the 25th and I can go to gym as long as I take it easy and listen to my body...looking forward to returning to my normal routine. I'm also learning to look at food as a source of nourishment and not something to enjoy and as weird as that sounds it helps me to not over indulge and try to scarf down food or eat too fast which was very unpleasant. I hope you ladies are doing very well and the future holds nothing but positivity for us

Very good Protein Bar from bariatric pal shop fairly small so it doesn't feel like you're eating a ton...highly recommend

post-292729-14685328015286_thumb.jpg

I'd like to try them. Bariatric Pal has some interesting products but I live in Germany.

WLS products has some nice Protein Bars as well, my favorites however are Clif Bars. 20 g of Protein per bar, very good taste and texture (IMO) and they're vegan on top. Price is ok. Not the cheapest, but by far not the most expensive.

I'd like to try them. Bariatric Pal has some interesting products but I live in Germany.

WLS products has some nice Protein bars as well, my favorites however are Clif Bars. 20 g of Protein per bar, very good taste and texture (IMO) and they're vegan on top. Price is ok. Not the cheapest, but by far not the most expensive.

We ship internationally but shipping is definitely pretty expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@summerset where do you live in Germany? I just moved from there last year. We lived there for 3 years. I loved it and really miss it!

I live near Frankfurt am Main and during the week (for working) near Erfurt in Thuringia.

Where did you live?

We ship internationally but shipping is definitely pretty expensive.

Add customs and taxes on top of that. :blink:

@@Pup this one in particular was 15g haven't seen any higher than 16g in the variety box I got

post-292729-14687195849336_thumb.jpg

post-292729-14687196108415_thumb.jpg

So yesterday, I made chili cheese fries for dinner... I used my non stick pan and sprayed a little Pam on it. I "fried" the fries and then I put fat free turkey chili on top and 1/4 cup cheese. It was SO good. Not as good as the fast food, but I enjoyed every bit of it. And it gave me 20 grams of Protein. Still not enough calories but I'm getting fun with with cooking stuff now.

By the way... I cut the fries very small so they'd cook fast.

Edited by onmica