Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many calories are you consuming daily?

I'm 8 weeks out, and I work out 3-4x a week doing cycling or Orangetheory Fitness. And I'm wondering if perhaps my calorie intake might be too low?

I'm currently consuming roughly about 800 calories per day, but I typically burn 450-550 calories during a workout. So my net calorie intake would be pretty low on those days.

How far out are you, and how many calories are you consuming these days?

When I was at your stage I was consuming about the same amount of calories. My team always stressed not to count calories burned or trying to eat them back -- they said that's a recipe for over-eating, especially since most people over-estimate the calories burned. I was successful with their approach.

When I was at your stage I was consuming about the same amount of calories. My team always stressed not to count calories burned or trying to eat them back -- they said that's a recipe for over-eating, especially since most people over-estimate the calories burned. I was successful with their approach.

How far out are you now, and what's your current intake?

I'm almost three years out now. In maintenance approx. 1600 calories per day, when I need to drop back into weight loss mode, 900-1100.

I am wondering if I am eating too much . Generally I am with 900 -1100 calories per day. My nutritionist recommended i stay on 850 calories per day but i find this challenging. I feel very weak on 850 calories per day. I am wondering how many pounds you both have lost at 8 weeks and 3 months out? I am currently 11 weeks out and down 38 pounds.

Sent from my SM-T210R using the BariatricPal App

@@LMSWNYC I am sorry, I never kept track on a weekly or monthly basis of weight lost. I figured that would make me unhappy because I would always feel like I wasn't doing as well as I could in terms of speed of weight loss, and I knew that what I should be focusing on was how well I was complying with my plan (what I can control) not how fast I was losing weight (which I cannot control).

Thank you! I need to get on that mindset. At times I am but other days I Am fixed on the numbers. This is good to keep in perspective !

I am wondering if I am eating too much . Generally I am with 900 -1100 calories per day. My nutritionist recommended i stay on 850 calories per day but i find this challenging. I feel very weak on 850 calories per day. I am wondering how many pounds you both have lost at 8 weeks and 3 months out? I am currently 11 weeks out and down 38 pounds.

Sent from my SM-T210R using the BariatricPal App

I'm down 30lbs, but I think I'm at a stall because the scale hasn't budged in a week or so...

I had the same surgeon as bufflehead, so same rules. i also was around 800k when i was at your point. i am basically at maintenance at 1800 calories at 7 months. i work out alot as well and will be upping my training in a couple weeks for a triathlon. my nut said she would probably have to bump up to about 2,000 calories to hold my weight steady.

Ryan that is awesome! You inspire me.

How far out are you now, and what's your current intake?

xochtlem try your best to drink 64 ounces of Water a day. Up your Fiber by drinking veggie smoothies like spinach, dash of ginger, 2 strawberries, half of a banana, mx all with water. This drink usually does the trick for me. Also, make sure you are resting 7-8 hours a day. Without enough rest I feel my body goes into a crisis state and wants to hold on to my fat. Stalls are normal, just keep consistent and you will see a change in the scale soon.

I am about 10 weeks out, and I eat about 1200 calories per day. I need to repeat the food diary for a few days to check to get a more precise answer. My weight loss stalled for about 4 weeks, and I recently added a few hundred calories, and that seemed to actually restart weight loss. I have no plans to go under 1000 calories again.

Edited by Barry W

The NP at my surgeons office has me at 1200 calories, not adding any back in with exercise. She said that anything under my body would think it's starving itself. Upping my calories helped me get out of a 3 week stall. I am 6 weeks post op.

I am averaging 700 cals per day according to my food log.

My instructions from my NUT are simple;

Everything must be <10g sugar AND fat per serving

60g Protien a day

64oz Water a day

<75g carbs a day

Calorie counting never came into the conversation and at this early stage I do not see how they could get out of control if I adhere to the above restrictions.. At least I have not been able to even come close to cracking 1000 calories and maintain the above restrictions.