Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I add banana and 1 table spoon natural Peanut Butter (2 sugars) to my Protein drink it taste better. I drink premier Protein Drink.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

Do you realize how much sugar/carbs are in bananas and Peanut Butter? I thought you dumped easily? I am totally confused. No wonder it takes you 4 days to finish one shake.

Yeah I do eat scrambled egg (1) with cottage cheese in it. sugar free pudding and about 4 table spoons of homade Soup. Tomato, onion, cauliflower and cabbage Soups. That's what I eat Breakfast lunch and dinner everyday. Oh and Beans.

Here is where you stated you eat these Soups while still on soft foods. I wasn't allowed onion, cauliflower, or cabbage for at least three months. Too fibrous and no Protein. Oh and the beans...had to wait on those, too. :(

Weird how different bypass and sleeve diets are. ;)

The cauliflower Soup is a blended cream soup, the cabbage soup is a clear broth soup and the cabbage leafs are pureed. So is the Tomato Soup. And the onion soup. I also can eat Beans as long as they are also pureed.

I am allowed several choices of pureed vegetables such as carrots as well and Beets. Just not corn. And like I said all my Soups are homade so I do not have the sugar or anything else in it. I am also allowed skinless fruits. Maybe your doctor is just not like my doctor. I do not know what to tell you. I did not know that my diet was diffraction than others. All of the above are included in my soft foods menu. I wish I knew how to take a picture of my menu and post it from here but everytime I take a picture I lose the thread. I don't know if my diet is different than the sleeve I wasn't told. Or if it has just changed since you had surgery. But I can assure you I am not the kind of person who would eat anything at all that I can't have. I am the person who will not eat something even if I am allowed if I know it is not that good for you. Like once carbs like Rice and Pasta and stuff like that. I am also allowed Melba toast and crackers. Right now but I do not eat them ( I don't know why that is considered soft food? ) but it is on my diet for soft food until 6 weeks. I will take a picture of the menu. To have it on here incase you wish to see that my advise giving to others is because that is what I been told to eat.

Ele Marie, I don't think any of those here believe you are not telling the truth on your diet plan given by your surgical team. You are correct in each doctor does have somewhat different rules, but I think the one that threw me was that it was okay if it takes you 3-4 days to drink one Protein shake. Again, typically Protein is the main ingredient in what you should be concentrating at this point. And fluids of course. I know some people have a difficult time after surgery getting in the protein and fluids because they just are not hungry, and let's face it, if you force yourself to drink shakes or fluids it just makes you feel sick, and defeats the purpose of the surgery.

If you are progressing, and you feel good, then things are okay. I would still check in with my team prior to your appointment June 1st.

Renkoss thank you that is all I can do is try and that is what I am doing. I am going to post my menu below all the soft foods are not listed in do have others from the bigger list. And It also shows what can be added in 6 weeks in.

post-292157-14634958929966_thumb.jpg

Soft good menu post-292157-14634959521449_thumb.jpg

Iipstick lady if you look you can see I can have Beans as well as banana. On the bigger list it says only half a banana. And for the record I only blended that once with my premier and yogurt. Because it made even more drink I had a little and sipped on it for lunch put the rest in the fridge the next day I threw it away it smelled horrible. But you can think whatever you want. In the end my success will tell my story. :)

I'm so shocked that your food list for soft foods includes Melba Toast and crackers! I don't even think my list contains any type of breads, crackers, rice, Pasta. I did see that it says to avoid rice and bread, but isn't Melba Toast kind of like bread? I always thought it was. It even allows Pasta in there. Wow.

You have to follow what you feel is the right call. That's all I do. I follows what the guidelines tell me.

I am currently on soft foods

I was allowed fruits and vegetables skinless and pureed if possible.

I was told that if fruits and veggies would help me get my Protein in I could have them. So about twice a week I do add a veggie in my meal or snack on a fruit of course I make sure i'm getting my 60g of Protein and 64oz liquids daily.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I don't know what Melba toast is exactly but a lot of crackers are bite and disolve, meaning they turn into mush in the mouth or shortly after so aren't a risk to the stomach. I suspect that's why they are fine

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk