Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you eat? Am I eating too much?

I first bought the Premier Protein bars. One batch had 290 calories and 30g Protein and the other kind has 190 cal 15 grams. I wasn't sure I liked the 30 g ones. They are really big and dense. I got used to them. The smaller ones are a better texture to me. Got them online from SAMs Club. I'm not a member but they allowed a one day shopping pass. I was out of town and saw them at a costco but they weren't in mine. I was visiting my daughter and she picked up Pure Protein Bars at her Costco 20g protein 200 cal. They are a bit smaller but really delicious. Very candy bar like.

I'm aiming for 100 g of protein a day and a daily Premier Protein Drink (Costco) and an occasional bar get me to that number. Hope this helps.

What's the most carbs we should eat in a day?

Sent from my LGLS990 using the BariatricPal App

I first bought the premier Protein bars. One batch had 290 calories and 30g Protein and the other kind has 190 cal 15 grams. I wasn't sure I liked the 30 g ones. They are really big and dense. I got used to them. The smaller ones are a better texture to me. Got them online from SAMs Club. I'm not a member but they allowed a one day shopping pass. I was out of town and saw them at a costco but they weren't in mine. I was visiting my daughter and she picked up Pure Protein bars at her costco 20g protein 200 cal. They are a bit smaller but really delicious. Very candy bar like.

I'm aiming for 100 g of protein a day and a daily Premier Protein drink (Costco) and an occasional bar get me to that number. Hope this helps.

Yesss!! Thank you..that helps me greatly????????!! I needed some type of direction...they have some out there that are horrible..(sugar content!)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using the BariatricPal App

What do you mean by a WLS version of MFP? Tracking food is just that... Tracking food

I first bought the premier Protein bars. One batch had 290 calories and 30g Protein and the other kind has 190 cal 15 grams. I wasn't sure I liked the 30 g ones. They are really big and dense. I got used to them. The smaller ones are a better texture to me. Got them online from SAMs Club. I'm not a member but they allowed a one day shopping pass. I was out of town and saw them at a costco but they weren't in mine. I was visiting my daughter and she picked up Pure Protein bars at her costco 20g protein 200 cal. They are a bit smaller but really delicious. Very candy bar like.

I'm aiming for 100 g of protein a day and a daily Premier Protein drink (Costco) and an occasional bar get me to that number. Hope this helps.

Yesss!! Thank you..that helps me greatly!! I needed some type of direction...they have some out there that are horrible..(sugar content!)

I either eat Quest or Oh Yeah! One bars. If you got the oh yeah! Route make sure you get the "one" their other are the high sugar ones. I didn't mind the pure protein ones, but I prefer the others. Pure protein ones are cheaper though.

What do you mean by a WLS version of MFP? Tracking food is just that... Tracking food

Because you can't set your calories...if your under 1200 calories then you can't log for that day...

If you're worried about getting in some more calories, could you try adding a slice or two of avocado to things? A spoonful of olive oil? Healthy fats are more than twice as calorie-dense than anything else.

I have this same problem - I'd be comfortable eating only 600-700 calories a day, but my activity level is such that I stall out on that little. I'm really working to get upwards of 800-900, and my surgeon and RD want me closer to 1000-1200 now. It's a challenge because I have more restriction at 2 months.

An easy couple of hundred calories can be with nuts. More fat than Protein, but good fat. I also like the oh yeah one candy bars. A little high on the carbs, but they taste great.

Baritastic is the WLS version of MFP

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Because you can't set your calories...if your under 1200 calories then you can't log for that day...

I always set my cals in MFP.

Am I am always under and can log

You can set your calories in My Fitness Pal. I changed mine to 1,000 calories and also adjusted the Protein, carb and fat ratios for a more high protein, low carb diet.

What about exercising and burning calories, are you allowed to eat more?

Craig Martinez

Austin, Texas

What about exercising and burning calories, are you allowed to eat more?

Craig Martinez

Austin, Texas

I suppose this answer varies from person to person (and surgeon to surgeon), but when I asked about exercising and eating more calories, my nutritionist told me that the numbers they gave me were already factoring in that I was exercising.

So, in short, the answer I was given is no. The caloric values I was told to stick with already assume that you are exercising and burning calories.

FWIW, on extra heavy lifting days, I still eat a few more, despite what my NUT said. I eat about 800 calories a day generally, but if I have a really heavy workout day, sometimes I'll try to bump it up to 900 or 1,000 with more Protein to avoid feeling exhausted and to give my muscles plenty of fuel for recovery.

I'm 18 months out and have surpassed goal. Still losing.

Just drinking 3 Protein drinks a day is almost 800 calories

Craig Martinez

Austin, Texas

3 premiere Protein are 480 calories alone

Craig Martinez

Austin, Texas