Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Odd Non Scale goals

So most people want to be more mobile, healthier as non scale . I want those too. But I realize I also have some stage non scale goals.

M want to be able to wear converse all stars again. I used to love them, but as my feet got fatter, and I got heavier I had to get other shoes. I miss my chuck's.

My jewelry. Over the years my husband has gotten me several very nice, very expensive necklaces that I never wear because they exaggerated how fat my neck is.

What weird non scale goals do you have?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I really didn't have any NS goals, except sitting comfortably on a plane.

A lot of the NSV I have now, just strike me as odd. They aren't things that I thought of as an issue before, now that I can do certain things I couldn't before they are fun surprises. The amount of space between me and the steering wheel on my car amazes me every time I drive.

I'm glad that before surgery I didn't think I was missing out on much, because knowing the difference between before and now, my heavier self might have been unhappy.

just last week I posted because I had to remove an extender from a necklace! it was a huge moment for me. I also have a necklace my girls gave me that is on a ribbon, and has beads, like pandora beads? I have *never* been able to wear it. I need to try it on now. Husband has given me a lot of rings, and some I couldn't wear as my weight went on - and now I am wearing them. every time someone compliments me on them I feel so much pleasure that I am able to not just admire them in the jewelry box.

this is my original wedding set:

this he gave me at 10 years, but I haven't been able to wear much:
this shows the necklace, with NO EXTENDER:

I wanted to be able to wear shoes that were not "wide width" - yes, converse - but also pretty little sandals and platform shoes....... I want to be able to wear a demi bra again as I have always loved that style, but the girls have been too large and unruly for some time to behave in that kind of bra, even if I had made one to size.

and, I was a cheerleader back in the day, and I really want to fit back into that cheerleading uniform, even if the husband is the only one who ever sees me in it. - it'd be real nice to do a cartwheel and handstand and not feel like I might die.

and, I am looking forward to getting back to making my own clothes, just how I like them, and in the materials I like.

and my Church ladies group hikes Mt. Leconte every year. I have never felt like I could make the climb, even though I love to hike, and my best friend and I are planning to participate next year. I feel like I can do these things now, and I am very much looking forward to it.

and because I was a diabetic, and afraid of fruit, it has been a special delight to me to have small amounts of fruit - check my blood sugar and it is all normal.

I have a ton of off the wall NSV's. LOL

-I want to be able to walk on my boyfriends back when he ask me to. He is an electrician so he comes home wanting me to walk on his back all the time but I refuse to do so because I am afraid I will break him. LMAO, SO, I want to get to a point where I am not afraid to do it.

-I want my boyfriend to be able to pick me up again. I mean...He can...but I won't let him.

-I want my legs to fit better in my mud boots so when we go mudding on our RZR I can wear them without them cutting off my circulation.

-I want to look hot in my work uniform. Not for any guys....jut for myself. I want to walk around confident like I use to be.

Just little odd things like that. I am sure I have much more because I randomly think of them through out the day. 40 more days until my surgery! Patience is not a virtue I was given apparently. LOL

I want to be able to wear boots that go over my calves. I want to wear converse without my feet killing me from the no arch support. I want to be comfortable in public transit and planes and fit in seats with extra room. I want to be able to comfortably cuddle on the couch with the boy. I want to feel like a trophy girlfriend instead of being ashamed to meet his friends.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using the BariatricPal App

I've neither had nor heard a weight-loss goal that I thought "weird" or "strange." What each of us wants is valid, important and worthwhile. The mobility and improved-health goals don't render the others shallow, vain, frivolous or oddball. Never feel uncomfortable or apologetic for what you want for yourself. Children in Europe and India won't starve if you and your arches gleefully withstand flimsy sneakers.

One of my desires is room to place my bag next to me on theater seats rather than having to hold it in my lap.

I'm not sure that these were goals, but things that surprised me.

Jewelry - had to get a new Pandora Bracelet for my charms because all of mine were the biggest ones they make and no longer fit. When she fit me this weekend she said that my new bracelet is the standard size. Pretty cool. My ring size has gone down two sizes. I still have fat fingers wearing a size 8, but much better than the size 10. Necklaces are too long. At least I could add extenders, but haven't figured out how to make them shorter.

Shoes - have to get rid of most of my shoes. Flip flops were flying off my feet when I walked. My wide calf boots are now way too wide. They were really expensive too. Even my pumps seem to be too big now.

I can now reach a light switch in my kitchen for the under cabinet lighting. Before I had to use a spoon to reach it. I never even realized this was because I was too fat and the counter was in the way.

The room between me and the steering wheel and the table in booths is amazing. I really didn't realize how uncomfortable I was before. I'll be on a plane in a couple of weeks so can't wait to see how the seat belt fits.

I had a fun one this week... Being able to drink from the Water faucet in in the bathroom after I brush my teeth like I did when I was a little kid. Hehe!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App