Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I believe I'm day 13 post op. I have been trying to eat two ounces but I rather have something to drink. That's all I do is sip on my drink non stop. I'm always thirsty. I do get the urge to eat a little but when I take one bite I'm stuffed but I try to eat more. Then I'm miserable and then I can't wait to have my drink because I'm dying of thirst. I'm not sure how to handle this !??

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm day 14.. Basically having the same problem as you! They say to eat 4 oz but I can't even make it to 2 because I'm soooo full. But I think you're supposed to eat slowly and span it out within a half hour so you could get that food in. And as for the drinking, idk what to do either!

Protein2O is pretty good. 15g of Protein in a bottle. Grape is my favorite followed by wild cherry.

Sent from my LG-H901 using the BariatricPal App

They sell clear Protein drinks at most Vitamin stores. I don't care for most fruit flavored liquids, so they didn't appeal to me. My NP told me she really didn't care how much Protein I got in for the first week or so, but she did care about liquids. I drank gatorade (not G2) mixed 50/50 with Water, one shot glass as a time for a week.

I did drink a Protein shake per day as well, but that took forever. I put it in my Tervis Tumbler, poured over ice and sipped at it all day because my restriction was so great. I figured the Water from the melting ice was helpful to me, too.

As my NP said, I could easily go a week or so without food, or I wouldn't need WLS. Water, not so much. You do need to incorporate food as soon as you can (in the recommended form as per your surgeon) for energy and healing, but it's not as urgent as staying hydrated. Or in my case, semi-hydrated.

At 14 days, I started soft foods. I could only eat 1/3 cup, but that was ok. Eat that little dab if you can, but focus on fluids like the others are recommending.

I believe I'm day 13 post op. I have been trying to eat two ounces but I rather have something to drink. That's all I do is sip on my drink non stop. I'm always thirsty. I do get the urge to eat a little but when I take one bite I'm stuffed but I try to eat more. Then I'm miserable and then I can't wait to have my drink because I'm dying of thirst. I'm not sure how to handle this !??

How many ounces are you getting in?

Like others said, don't worry about eating at this point if it's too uncomfortable. My postop plan had me on full liquids for almost 3 weeks, so eating food wasn't even on my radar at 13 days out. It's easy enough to drink your Protein.