Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Fass and inverted gastric sleeve

:( that is super frustrating! Hopefully your pcp can resolve this. I hope it works out, Fass offoce is hood about submitting and moving things forward quickly (if u prefer) after that.

Sent from my SM-N930P using the BariatricPal App

Interesting. I had seen the adverts for Dr. Kim and his inverted sleeve, but never could find out what made his technique different. If it's just the oversewing of the staple line, my surgeon does that as well. And since she used to teach bariatric surgery, I suspect many of her former students do as well. The 360 video of the procedure by the doc in Mexico also does oversewing of the staple line.

My surgery is already done, and by all indications quite well, but I'm still curious if that's the only difference in the "inverted" sleeve.

:( that is super frustrating! Hopefully your pcp can resolve this. I hope it works out, Fass offoce is hood about submitting and moving things forward quickly (if u prefer) after that.

I found PsyMed, Inc has a Facebook page, so I messaged them. Also, I accidentally stumbled across the email address of the CEO of PsyMed, Inc.

I hope they reply to my FB message this week, or I may have to email Dwayne . I'd hate to interrupt his Napa Valley visit.

I suppose having a technology background means it might not have been accidental, but whatever...I just want my records.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I found PsyMed, Inc has a Facebook page, so I messaged them. Also, I accidentally stumbled across the email address of the CEO of PsyMed, Inc.

I hope they reply to my FB message this week, or I may have to email Dwayne . I'd hate to interrupt his Napa Valley visit.

I suppose having a technology background means it might not have been accidental, but whatever...I just want my records.

My records for my psych eval was finally sent to Dr. Fass' office. One more appointment on 9/12 and then it'll be submitted to insurance.

I'm thinking about you! One week from today. Are you doing a pre-op diet? If so, how's it going?

it's your right to get your psych eval done by any provider of your choosing.. They cannot control that

@@ChickenChick

I wasn't opposed to doing it again, but I was going to at least be persistent to TRY to get the one I've already done. Plus, who knows if my insurance would pay for another one. Nonetheless, the new surgeon has it now! Stoked!

Edited by ChickenChick

I know! Gah! I'm nervous and excited. Im on the preop, its not so bad, 30 gram carbs max, 70 grams Protein, limit fat. So not as restrictive as other preop diet plans :)

Once they submitted to insurance how long did it take to get you a date?

Im self pay so it was pretty quick if i wanted it to be, i started the process in May but waited myself until September

Oh I see. Monday is my last appointment before submitting to insurance. I didn't know what kind of timeline to expect, but I'll find out soon enough.

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow! Good luck!! Check in and let us know how you are as soon as you can.

Im nervous! Mine is scheduled for Friday September 9, but I'm not sure he does operations on Fridays -i dont want anyone else

Sent from my SM-G860P using the BariatricPal App

Said some prayers for you this morning - or sent good vibes and thoughts...however you believe. I hope everything has gone smoothly!!!

Interesting. I had seen the adverts for Dr. Kim and his inverted sleeve, but never could find out what made his technique different. If it's just the oversewing of the staple line, my surgeon does that as well. And since she used to teach bariatric surgery, I suspect many of her former students do as well. The 360 video of the procedure by the doc in Mexico also does oversewing of the staple line.

My surgery is already done, and by all indications quite well, but I'm still curious if that's the only difference in the "inverted" sleeve.

Yeah, I think you're right. There isn't any difference from the research I did concerning the inverted technique. Almost all sleeves are done this way now. Just a marketing thingymajig, I guess hehe. I had my sleeve done by Dr. Holden on Sept. 2, 2016, but I remember months ago doing the research on the "inverted" technique.