Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Surgery Tomorrow is OFF!

Since Friday I have had a tooth issue that realy didn't seem that bad, Well this morning the left side of my face looks like the Elephant man.

So I see the dentist tomorrow at 12:00, I tried to see him on Friday but they were closed when I called. Spoke with my Doctor this morning, 99% sure its abcess, They will assign a new surgery date after we get the Infection, and tooth takin care of. Took the wind out of my sails!

oh no! but I honestly believe it is BETTER to take care of that tooth before rather than after. you do NOT need tooth bacteria and junk going down into your stomach when it has a fresh seam in it, and is healing.

So, one thing at a time and please let us know when your new surgery date is. in the mean time, gargle salt Water.

It does suck, but I agree with @@Christinamo7 that it's better this happened pre-op than immediately post-op. You would not want your body trying to fight off this infection while you were still healing from surgery. Hopefully it won't delay things too long. Especially if you were already on a pre-op diet and now will have to be on one longer! Though I guess the tooth issue would make eating solids a challenge anyway.

@@New life 2016 - you are also going to need to eat differently after they look at that tooth and you may be able to do a modified pre-op type diet as well. Greek yogurt has good bacteria you will need to help with the penicillin they are going to pump into you. This type of dental issue can be very serious follow the doctors orders.

Be safe and healthy first :D

then do surgery...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches