Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 16th surgery buddies?.....Let's do this together!

I had mine on the 16th. First week lost 16 lbs but in total i am down 20lbs. But need some food ideas the past couple of days have been the worst for me I can't keep anything down not even the Water

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Call your surgeon. You may need meds or could possibly have a stricture.

I had mine on the 16th. First week lost 16 lbs but in total i am down 20lbs. But need some food ideas the past couple of days have been the worst for me I can't keep anything down not even the Water

Call your surgeon. You may need meds or could possibly have a stricture.

Well I'm trying pedialite and I'm ok like that

Edited by bariatricmom

I was done on the 19th. I'm on purée foods now. Everything has been fine so far. I can eat fine. Purée chicken really fills be up. I can only eat about 2 oz. other food like yogurt or cottage cheese I can eat a bit more. I'm down 19 lbs since surgery. I also lost 15 lbs on the pre-op diet that started May 9th. I'm down 34lbs in 30 days. It's great, but I'm sure it will slow down drastically once I start eating more

Edited by Sparkchaser

I was on the 19th. I'm on purée foods now. Everything has been fine so far. I can eat fine. Purée chicken really fills be up. I can only eat about 2 oz. other food like yogurt or cottage cheese I can eat a bit more. I'm down 19 lbs since surgery. I also lost 15 lbs on the pre-op diet that started May 9th. I'm down 34lbs in 30 days. It's great, but I'm sure it will slow down drastically once I start eating more

I've heard it speeds up when you eat more

Yes I'm doing great and was cleared for all foods yesterday at my 4 week check-up....I feel great and I'm having nice steady weight loss.

Dr. Appt was Monday I'm down 28lbd will return to work on Sunday!

I'm doing generally well but am relying on Pepcid to sleep. Without it, I have a lot of GERD. Anyone else have reflux issues?

Today is Day 30! My story so far: I went back to work for two days during the second week. Then back full time at start of the third. Been on high Protein, low-carb, low-fat solids since Day 12. Enjoying the ground meats (chicken, Beef and Turkey) prepared in a crock pot with veggies. Broiled salmon steaks are another favorite, and cold cuts and cottage cheese have been staples for Breakfast. I stick rigorously to the no liquid 30 mins before and after eating (so nerdy I have a phone app timer) and usually take about 30-45 mins to eat 4oz meals. Getting used to the feeling of restriction on the amount I can eat, but can manage 80g of Protein per day fairly regularly. Haven’t used shakes to supplement my protein count for several days, though I quite like them. I use a Celebrate vanilla prepared with Lactose-Fat-Free milk and a spoonful of non-sweetened cocoa powder. Shaken, not blended ? They’re pretty good. No real issues, but Constipation has been the only discomfort, so been adding soluble Fiber to my liquids, and a dose or Mirlax in the mornings. I also love the Bariatric Advantage Chewy Bite calcium citrate supplements. Very enjoyable. I find them almost a treat after my afternoon and early evening meals. Been walking a lot, and do 3 to 4 miles a day, but not every day. I do take a few days off. Feeling positive, BP and blood sugar numbers all very encouraging, and down 30lb since surgery. Best to all of you, and congratulations - keep at it, keep focused, and be healthy...

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I'm doing generally well but am relying on Pepcid to sleep. Without it, I have a lot of GERD. Anyone else have reflux issues?

Yes I get it bad to. If you add apple cider vinegar (tsp)(braggs organic)to your drink it really helps. There are also pills you can take if you can.

Sent from my SM-J700T using the BariatricPal App

Yes I get it bad to. If you add apple cider vinegar (tsp)(braggs organic)to your drink it really helps. There are also pills you can take if you can.

Sent from my SM-J700T using the BariatricPal App

Thanks! My nutritionist mentioned ACV as well (and I even have the Braggs brand) but I haven't tried it yet. I'm going to give it a shot - much appreciated.

Hope everyone is doing well!! I'm down 22 pounds from May 16th. Feeling good for the most part. Sticking to low carb high Protein meals. Easy on sugary stuff as I already experienced the dreaded "dumping syndrome" [emoji17] getting in protein is Struggle but I'm getting better day by day

Hope everyone is doing well!! I'm down 22 pounds from May 16th. Feeling good for the most part. Sticking to low carb high Protein meals. Easy on sugary stuff as I already experienced the dreaded "dumping syndrome" getting in Protein is Struggle but I'm getting better day by day

Cool you and I have lost the same thing since surgery...I'm at 22.2...........and 48 over all!! I'm doing great!