Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 16th surgery buddies?.....Let's do this together!

OMGosh!!! Look at my surgery countdown ticker below!!! One day to go!!! geeeeeeezzzzzzzz!! (it always changes late in the evening).............This is really going to happen!!!

I've just had a call from a nurse at the hospital where I'm having surgery tomorrow to go through a few final things. Another $75 for pressure stockings and antibacterial soap! Will it never end. Apparently I will have blue wee after the event, I haven't heard anyone discuss that one before. It's a dye the surgeon adds to ensure everything is working well so blue is good. I'm on a liquid diet today with no fluids after 7am tomorrow, I'm not a morning person but will have to make an exception tomorrow to get in an Opti and 2 glasses of Water. Now I'm fretting about the hour's drive to hospital with water and Opti trying to get out. My time is 1.30 tomorrow and I'm just starting to get anxious and snappy.

Good morning all you soon to be sleevers!!! Tomorrow the wait will finally be over and we'll all be on our way to a much healthier and happier life. I'm on Clear Liquids all day today. My pre-op diet was basically just a low carb diet so I was able to have actual food.......This will be quite a change, but I think I'm too excited to eat anyway...I weighed this morning and I've lost 12 lbs so far on my pre-op diet and another 13.6 prior to that, so I've lost a total of 25.6 lbs since I started! I'm sure all these liquids today will cause me to drop another pound or two.....we shall see!!! How much has everyone else lost?

I've lost about 10 lbs on the preop diet (all liquids), so my liver should be good and shrunk by now. I check in at 7 am and surgery is about 9:30, that's eastern time. SO ready to meet my new tum and start this journey!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@ I check in at 8:30 and surgery is scheduled for 11:30. I'm Eastern time as well.

How much has everyone else lost?

@@kmorri, I've lost 9 pounds on the 2 week liquid diet as of this morning. Lost a total of 29 lbs lost since I started this journey. Clothes are really getting loose. It seems amazing that I could lose this much weight this fast (I'm the slowest loser ever)! I'm so looking forward to biting something again. I wonder how long it will be before I can eat something I can chew?

Yesterday I bought Jell-o and pudding. I'm already stocked up with Premiere ready made shakes and organic Bone Broth. I'm on my way to the pharmacy in a minute to get my last prescriptions and a new body scrub brush.

I'm packing practically nothing for the hospital. For me, less is more. I'm so glad my daughter will be with me. She's my best friend and will be a great caregiver.

Thinking of you all and wishing you the best! sleep well tonight. :)

Same to you Maggie!! We're all going to do great!!! See you on the other side!

I have lost a total of a total of 38 pounds 18 of it on my pre op diet the past 2 weeks. I have to be at the hospital by 10 am and my surgery is scheduled for noon. Good luck everyone :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Good luck to you all!!

My journeys been delayed for several weeks, so I am looking more like a July Sleever now.

Sorry to hear that! What happened?

At a secondary office which gathers all the pre-testing paperwork and results, someone forgot to review the notes to my sleep study, and because of (those results) the surgeon requires 4 weeks on a CPAP machine, which I am NOT happy about.

But, we're going to do 2 week with the machine, and then 2 weeks with the machine, during the pre-op diet, so 4 week simultaneously. But first I need to have a CPAP fitted. Hopefully the sleep center calls me Monday to set that up.

Not pleased someone dropped the ball, but surgeon is firm on the requirement.

Really sorry that happened to you! But you'll get there. The hoops we have to jump through in order to have this surgery is unbelievable! Hang in there!

It is, but I will not be deterred

For everyone on deck this week, best of luck to you all!! The losers bench (and I mean that in a polite way) is waiting for you!!

Well it's 7am and today's the day that my life changes for ever! I've knocked back the 2 glasses of Water + Opti before the cut off of nil by mouth from now on. My surgery is at 1.30, admission at 11.00. Good luck to all the other WLS folks whose day is today.