Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 16th surgery buddies?.....Let's do this together!

@@harlem_femme You'll do fine!!! My surgery is Monday as well. I have to be at the hospital at 8:30 and surgery is scheduled for 11:30. I would gladly switch with you! I am a morning person and would rather have less time to think about it...hahaha I don't think they'll let me switch with you because I'm in Floirda.....We'll both do great! See you on the other side!!!

I am with you... I don't get up

Very easily so having to be at the hospital at 6 am makes me nervous. I look at it like having an early morning flight. I don't sleep well the night before scarred I am going to oversleep and miss my flight time. In this surgery time.... It looks like most people in this group will have their surgery at the point I start my preop.... I hope you all check in on Wednesday and say what a cake walk it has been... If not wait until Thursday[emoji85]

I am there at 530 am. UGH!! BUT I look at it as quick shower to antibacterialize myself and back in my jammies, no make, no hair. I will let my husband to drive and I will be on my way half asleep still. I hope my doctor is a morning person cuz ready or not here it comes!! :D

Only two more days!!! I can't remember being this excited about anything in a very long time!!!

Got my time, arrive at 9:00 and surgery at 11:00 on Monday! @@kmorri, we will be in OR at the same time, doing this only 30 minutes apart.

I realized today that I kind of love that my day is on a Monday because we have the whole weekend ahead to prepare. Work is settled and behind me for the next two weeks, I don't have to think about that place until next month. :) I'm just looking ahead now!

So, the hospital called later this afternoon and they had a change in scheduling - looks like now I'm second! I guess I got my wish of sorts. I'm scheduled at 10, have to arrive at 8. I'm still not a morning person but that's not so bad. I'll be an hour ahead of those of you at 11am!

@@Maggie Journey I'm only taking the week off......but I work from home so if I need to work from my recliner I can do that....I think one week will be enough for me.....I actually am thinking if things go really good I may even try to sign-in as early as Thursday....but I schedule the whole week off just in case.

I too am glad for the weekend to prepare.....I want to pick up a few things so when I come home I'll have everything I need......and I think I'll go to Kohls tomorrow and buy a robe so I can look presentable walking the halls....I hate those hospital gowns.

OMGosh today is the last day of my pre-op diet! Tomorrow is Clear liquids all day and nothing after midnight.....I have to be at the hospital at 8:30 am and I'm on the schedule for 11:30......It's getting very very REAL!!!! I'm nervous but still it's more of an excited feeling. I think I can honestly say that I'm not afraid.......well as long as I don't think too hard or focus on complications...........The main thing I"m worried about is nausea......I hate throwing up!!!

I'm going out to stock up on a couple of things a little later today.....When I come home from the hospital I can have yogurt, and pudding and cream Soups so I wan't to make sure I have some on hand....and I'd rather not have to be in a grocery store tomorrow while I'm on a liquid only diet!.....I think I'll also pick up an adult coloring book, and maybe a robe.....what's all my other 16th buddies up to today?

Good luck to you all!!

My journeys been delayed for several weeks, so I am looking more like a July Sleever now.

Good luck to you all!!

My journeys been delayed for several weeks, so I am looking more like a July Sleever now.

Sorry to hear that! What happened?

Good luck to you all!!

At a secondary office which gathers all the pre-testing paperwork and results, someone forgot to review the notes to my sleep study, and because of (those results) the surgeon requires 4 weeks on a CPAP machine, which I am NOT happy about.

But, we're going to do 2 week with the machine, and then 2 weeks with the machine, during the pre-op diet, so 4 week simultaneously. But first I need to have a CPAP fitted. Hopefully the sleep center calls me Monday to set that up.

Not pleased someone dropped the ball, but surgeon is firm on the requirement.

Edited by TheOdysseyOfAStoutMan

I am just spending the day with family and doing some housework. Went to the grocery store last night and stocked up on stuff I would need when I get home. Tomorrow we are having a family day :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

A day and half to go. I am really hungry! On 4 shakes per day (800 calories). Luckily, I was able to purchase some Meal Replacement Soups which at least appeal to the want for something savory. My Dr's office has me on New Direction. The puddings are okay since I blend with ice and it's like a soft serve. BUT...I am so ready for something else!

I check-in Monday at 9:25 for 11:25 surgery. I was told to bring just my ID and insurance card and wear lose pants for going back home.

One question: My surgeons paperwork says after surgery to have bites the size of a pencil eraser. Are they serious?!?! I would have to take a bazzilion bites to get all the Protein in.

Wishing the group a successful, easy surgery on Monday!

Good luck to you all!!

At a secondary office which gathers all the pre-testing paperwork and results, someone forgot to review the notes to my sleep study, and because of (those results) the surgeon requires 4 weeks on a CPAP machine, which I am NOT happy about.

But, we're going to do 2 week with the machine, and then 2 weeks with the machine, during the pre-op diet, so 4 week simultaneously. But first I need to have a CPAP fitted. Hopefully the sleep center calls me Monday to set that up.

Not pleased someone dropped the ball, but surgeon is firm on the requirement.

Really sorry that happened to you! But you'll get there. The hoops we have to jump through in order to have this surgery is unbelievable! Hang in there!