Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shortie Porties--Banders that are short!

I'm 5'3.5" with short legs and long (relatively) torso. I have been overweight forever and don't have a clue what I will look like at goal, but I am anxious to see.

Hey,

Im like 5ft and currently weighing in at 221.I have short leggs and also

long torso.And boy do I play hell gettin pants.If I can find some the legs are so big on them.The bigger legg capris look like skirts on me :lol:

Im hoping to get banded in the nest couple months(self payer). and hope to see what I will look like.I hope to gain a inch or two also in height.

I think sometimes im as big around as I am tall ..

I am 5'0''. (and praying I don't shrink w/ age). I am now taller than both my mom and my grandmother and they were both taller than me by a couple of inches. I am a classic apple shape. Not fun - and it takes forever to go down a size when most of the weight is in the tummy area. I wonder if I will look taller when I'm not as wide!!

i'M 5'2 and yes my pants are now dragging to the floor from loosing weight.

Julie NYC-It's nice to know that the clothes are better porportioned as we drop more weight. I did think the chart for my height seemed light, but made it my goal to begin with. Mainly because I haven't been that weight since 8th grade.

what was that cute song a few years back ( decades, for all i know) "Short People"....was that very PC?? can't remember. some of my favorite people are vertically challenged:) what am i talking about i'm only 5'4" amd shrinking!!!

[ATTACH]9522[/ATTACH]

I found this thread and even though it's been inactive for awhile I just wanted to add to it. I'm 4'11.5" says the doc, and along with just never being able to reach things and the endless ompa loompa comments my whole life clothes have been a constant and never ending stuggle for me. I'm fat so right there I have to search for my size then I have to hope they have it in petite which in no way means it will fit but it will fit better. I can't wear capri's because they just look like high waters. I did however figure out a way around it when i was thin and if I ever get back to a size 5/6 I know I wear a girls 14 so i've got the kiddie dept to look forward to or having everything hemmed which sucks if need an outfit anytime within a week of buying it. All jeans get torn and ripped on the bottom or suit pants come up under my boobs like anyone's crotch is a foot long, who are these people that need such long zippers? Anyway thankfully i am a hopeful and have kept all my clothes for years so I have every size from 5-24 covered mostly. As for the BMI thing I'm not 100% about that I mean that means I should be 95-125lbs and I havn't been that since 6th grade.

I am 4'9 and a half. crazy short. which makes my BMI forever say I am obese. I have lost 60 lbs. feel much thinner. look much thinner. people tell me I am thin- but I am still severely overweight. I just want to be overweight already!

but I do love being short. always have.

Yep another shorty here! I am 5ft 1 (and a half) and my brothers used to tell me when I was younger that I had been adopted as they were both so much taller than me.

I find it difficult to get jeans/pants that are not way too long and usually wear 3/4 length jeans which go right to my ankles!

5'3" here.

Petite length works for the legs, but the waist to crotch is too short. Regular length of course have to be hemmed, but if they are anything but straight leg, they look funny just hemming. And often because I don't have much tummy but excess booty, they are too high in the front and too low in the back.

Dresses? I go with skirts and tops most of the time. I need smaller top but long to cover my torso and larger bottom but shorter length. A petite skirt with a regular top, with short or 3/4 sleeve works.

If we can figure out we are all different, why can't manufacturers?

Hello to my short friends! I'm 4'11"

Yes, we do carry weight differently. I'm very short waisted, the space between my waist and (sagging) boobs is only a few inches. (which contains my muffin top)!

When I bend over and have a belt on, I can feel my port digging into my insides, somewhat uncomfortable.

Anyone else have that problem?

I've always said "if I was 5'7", I wouldn't be overweight"!

Only 5 feet tall here myself. For those wondering what they'll look like there is a website called myvirtualmodel and you key in height, weight, if you are full chested, etc. and then the model is you! It is fun to see the difference at different weights.

Hello to my short friends! I'm 4'11"

Yes, we do carry weight differently. I'm very short waisted, the space between my waist and (sagging) boobs is only a few inches. (which contains my muffin top)!

When I bend over and have a belt on, I can feel my port digging into my insides, somewhat uncomfortable.

Anyone else have that problem?

I've always said "if I was 5'7", I wouldn't be overweight"!

HooBoy! I hear you. :lol: I USED to be 5'3 when I was a skinny teenager back in the 60's. 45 years and two babies later, I have turned into a 5'2" apple. I am top heavy, and short waisted. My solution? I taught myself how to sew. Completely self taught. It is great therapy! I used to dance (until my weight started interfering with my joints), and even when I was just moderately overweight, the only way I could find costumes was to make them myself. (If I could figure out how to attach pictures, I could post jpegs of some of the outfits I have made.)

I have found that Wallmart and Target have pants that fit. And the price is right too! I mix them with Lane Bryant tops. (The LB pants never fit me.)

What we really need is a new size for petites who are extra large-sounds like an oxymoron, but some smart advertising company should be able to come up with a snappy slogan for ample petite apples and ample petite pears.:rolleyes:

Standing 5'1", I can sympathize with the usual complaints. I too have a apple shape (THE MOST DEADLY SHAPE FOR FAT ACCUMALTION) By the time I find a style of shirt to wear ( it has to cover my tummy and but standing and sitting) I realize I limit myself to 1 or 2 different basic styles, my shirts always long. I felt like I had a short dress on with elastic waist pants. I hate my thighs too so I would wear olny pants or longs shorts makeing me look even bigger. I am getting banded on April 1 and I am soo ready to loose weight and buy more flattering outfits!:rolleyes:

I'm a shortie portie too! I am 5'1&1/2". Or as I like to call it, 5'2"! I used to be 5'2" and refuse to believe that I have shrunk a 1/2 inch. I am only 36! Maybe when I get the weight down, I will perk back up a little (in height and other areas!). It does suck buying clothes and being short! It seems like pants have gotten longer and longer over the years.

All my life I called myself 5'2"--even called myself 5'3" at one time! Come to find out at my Bariatric Center that I'm only 5.0"!! Now do you think it's that shrinkage / old age / gravity thing? Or is it a "Deceiving myself all along so I didn't seem so fat" kind or thing?? :lol:

Doesn't it feel funny buying "Petites" in clothing, when in actuality I feel anything BUT Petite!! (Hel-l-l-o-o-o, humungous boobs and butt--nothing petite about that!!)

Glad to see I'm not the only shorty in this forum, everyone!! :rolleyes:

For years I have said "i'm not too fat for my height, I'm just too short for my weight".

I'm 5 feet tall, used to be 5 feet and a 1/2 inch, but I guess I shrunk in the wrong direction!

Clothes.... don;t even get me started. Why would a manufacturer think short people only need shorter pants? Don't they think we need shorter dresses, sweaters etc, too?

If the average woman is 5 feet 4 and under and american women are heavier than ever, than doesn't it stand to reason that a good portion of the overweight women will be short?

I have tried things on that make me look like a five year old playing dress up with mom's clothes. Shoulder area hanging loose, length that supposed to be knee length but on me hanging on the floor and the long sleeves that make me look like I am a wizard.

The new 3/4 sleeves and capris and ankle length pants have made life somewhat easier, but until I can get into regular petite clothes shopping is tough. I have found that right now, Talbots Women's Petites size 16 fit me almost perfectly... of course they are expensive.. and when you lose a size in a month... that really gets expensive.

And petite clothes mostly go up to a size 14 or 16 and they are cut smaller ( just check the size charts) so we really need to weigh much less than taller people to start getting into clothes that fit us. An average height person can shop in Misses, which will go up to 18 or 20.

I don't count on ever being a "normal" weight. I figure I will always be in the overweight category. I'm 56 and let's face it, metabolism slows down as we age and the lowest weight I was as a young Adult was 128 pounds, and that is the upper limit of normal. But I would be delighted to get to and MAINTAIN 140 pounds. I could easily go into a store and find something to wear and look good.

Overweight people know that thin people don't understand how hard it is to shop but overweight tall people have no idea how many fewer clothes choices overweight short people have.

I'm probably about 10 to 12 pounds away from the regular petite department and I just got a fill I finally think will work!!!!! Life is good today!

Funny thing is before I got banded, all my husband heard from me was "I have nothing to wear" and now thirty pounds later I am saying the same thing. I have outgrown all my clothes in the closet and buy the very minimum to get by.

Nice to meet you all, fellow shorties! BTW, my husband is 6 feet 3 in tall! Isn't that a sight? LOL