Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Only two months out about to be three months an I'm wondering if I can have bread, rice and Pasta?

What's your program say?? If in doubt, call your bariatric team.

As for me: Pasta? no. Rice? no. bread? no.

They all cause dumping for me.

I hope you have better luck!

Check and see if you can try a VERY small amount of each (one at a meal) to see if any of them agree with your new stomach. For me, Rice went from a favorite to the TOP of my most-feared-foods list. Even a spoonful will sit in my stomach like fresh poured concrete now. bread (Rye, or a wrap usually) is occasional, and still OK. Pasta was fine for my stomach, but I no longer have a craving for it.

I have also found that a scooped out bagel can be tolerated, but a simple sliced one is just too much to handle now.

Edited by BigDog Bryan

Why do you want to eat bread, rice, and Pasta, especially this early out? For a post-wls person, they have little nutritional value and are prone to causing problems with weight loss, even if you can tolerate them.

I didn't want anything to hinder my weight loss, so I stayed away until I was close to goal. Even now I eat it sparingly and only whole grains. Nothing white and never Pasta.

It's that shit that made us fat in the first place!

Why do you want to eat bread, rice, and Pasta, especially this early out? For a post-wls person, they have little nutritional value and are prone to causing problems with weight loss, even if you can tolerate them.

And this ^^^^

You need Protein right now, not that crap.

My nutritionist just told me that those were all pretty much no, like forever. She said they all expand in your stomach.

@@NatashaSaysRawr

check with your dietician

Healthy carbohydrates will be added back in to your diet after you have reached 75% of your weight loss.

Weight loss phase - Carbohydrates will be restricted.

Maintenance Phase- Healthy carbohydrates added back into your meals. whole wheat, brown rice or plant based. They will still be in small amounts.

4648.jpg

Damn helpful visual @@jenn1

I'm at 6 months and getting closer and closer to my goal.

Was given an "attaboy" from my surgeon last week and told to up th portion size.

I splurged a couple times over this weekend at work. We'd ordered out for our lunches. Instead of eating only the toppings off the pizza......I had the whole slice....two slices, in fat. Next day's lunch.....instead of just eating the bbq, I also had the bread that accompanied it.....and the hash with some of the carb sides.

I say that to say this.......I am smack dab in the middle of my weight loss phase and I brought bread & carbs back into the mix in small amounts for a three day period. I weighed this morning and was not surprised at all with the horrid sight on the scale. No surprises that the number that looked back at me wasn't to my liking. I rationalized that I needed the glycogen for my weight training sessions this weekend. So much for my bullcrap broscience.

I was a dumbass and there was my sign.

Sometimes in life things get real simple for us.

Such is the case with weight loss.......

Cause......and effect.

Guess what this old boy is having this week........protein first......protein last......protein all in between. Gonna get a healthy dose of treadmill and elliptical, too. Bamsucka. Fell off the horse, but back on it and gonna ride that beast bareback until it can't take any more......then I'll hop off and drag it across the finish line.

Carbs......piss on 'em.

Dub, meet veggies. Veggies, this is Dub.

Mmmmm grilled asparagus and zucchini.

Damn right !!!!!!

Dub, next time you break out the grill, throw on some veggies (not corn).

Will do.

But, know that I don't break out the grill..............it breaks out me........

No kidding......I freaking love the aroma of wood smoke and charcoal......need that that in my life. Tonight, I laughed at my neighbor and her gas grilling attempts.....laughed......not loud enough for her to hear me, though.......as she was a kindred spirit this afternoon.....grilling on her deck. I waved. She waved back. All was well in my universe. No judgment passed......unless she thought ill of me for burning fossil fuels for my own pleasures.

Mmmmm grilled asparagus and zucchini.

Both are done with some regularity 'round here.

Rice is evil to my tummy personally... so I would say No to rice. I have bread in moderation like half a bun or something with a burger (I don't eat burgers often). I have never been a big Pasta fan.. only eat it when I have mac n cheese (which is maybe once a month). & the way my tummy tolerates pasta is different every time I eat it.. varies a ton.

I've had Pasta, rice, and Bagels sporadically since having the VSG, but they aren't items I buy at the grocery store. I've mainly had them at dinner parties, in small quantities. I had half a bagel with Peanut Butter about three months out while staying in a hotel for a conference for the simplicity of it, and saw no impact on my weight loss. I'd never buy bagels to keep in the house, though. I don't think carb-heavy foods have to be avoided like the plague, but I definitely wouldn't incorporate them into your everyday or even your weekly diet. If you do have them, have some Protein as well.