Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question about protein drinks

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to the forum and I'm so glad I found you! I'm scheduled for gastric sleeve surgery in June and I'm looking to try out different Protein drinks between now and then so that I've got some that I don't hate on hand for the immediate post-op period. I've talked with several nurses who will be taking care of me and they've told me that Isopure Plus is what I'll use in the hospital. As I'm shopping to get some to try it, I see that Isopure also makes a zero carb drink that has 160 calories and 40g Protein in a 20oz serving, in flavors that seem much more palatable than the 2 available in the Isopure Plus drink. Is it ok for me to use the zero carb version at home vs the one I'll get in the hospital, which has 33g carbs in 8oz? I have a huge aversion to both grape and punch flavored drinks in general, so the ability to have a Protein Drink in other flavors for long term use would be a huge thing.

Thanks in advance :)

I personally love the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder. If I am making a shake I usually use fairlife milk The chocolate splendor I use as is, with Peanut Butter powder, or with half a banana, or with a little coffee. The vanilla one I use as is, with coffee, or with frozen cherries. The plain I mix into applesauce or other things that need a Protein boost.

I tried the Unjury brand, but I couldn't handle it post-op for some reason...just didn't agree with me. I've really enjoyed Quest Protein. It was recommended by my NUT and I've tried several flavors and enjoy them all. Easy on the tummy too.

Edited by smg

Your taste buds may change after surgery, so be prepared to do some experimentation after your operation in selecting the right Protein Shake for you.

I personally love the unjury Protein powder. If I am making a shake I usually use fairlife milk The chocolate splendor I use as is, with Peanut Butter powder, or with half a banana, or with a little coffee. The vanilla one I use as is, with coffee, or with frozen cherries. The plain I mix into applesauce or other things that need a Protein boost.

Thanks! I'm interested in the Unjury powders, too...have you tried the chicken flavor? I just ordered samples of all of the flavors you mention, I'll definitely try adding Peanut Butter powder, too.

I tried the unjury brand, but I couldn't handle it post-op for some reason...just didn't agree with me. I've really enjoyed Quest Protein. It was recommended by my NUT and I've tried several flavors and enjoy them all. Easy on the tummy too.

I have a friend who didn't care for the Unjury brand either, but I'm going to give it a try. I'll add Quest to my 'must try' list, thank you :)