Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 26th is coming quickly

Had my surgery Tuesday, home tonight. Was exhausted on Tuesday, felt a little more with it yesterday, and am doing pretty good today. Still taking pain pills and zofran, which both help.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Thank you everyone! I had my surgery and all went well. A lot of pain on surgery day but other than the trapped gas I can't really complain about much. Yesterday my back started hurting from laying around so much. Wow is it sore! I keep having nightmares each time I doze off which is really hard to deal with. I cut back a little on the pain meds so I didn't fall asleep today during the day. One less dream is good! Hope that ends soon!

Glad to hear all is well! I've had weird dreams too--even one about eating French fries after surgery. I'm still napping during the day...but I love napping under any circumstances. Trying to get the hang of the full liquid diet and getting enough Water and Protein in. I feel a little better every day, and I hope you do too!

Your too sweet. Yes I feel better each day. Getting a lot of liquids in is so difficult. I'm trying to get the hang of it myself too! We had surgery on the same day. You had RNY right?

Right now I feel very cramped from drinking too much and I'm still not up to the 64oz! I got almost 90oz of Protein in by adding powder to tea and broth. That helps. I'm so worried my hair is going to fall out!!!!

Does your back hurt from laying around so much? Mine sure does. What are your stats? I'm 5' and before surgery I got down to 187. I was 200 when this all started.

Wow on you for getting so much Protein in!! My taste buds have done a complete 180 and I'm about to gag at the smell of most things (including Protein Powder added to liquids!) I had RNY on 4/25 and today was my first comfortable day. I've been up and walking a lot to try and fix the trapped gas issue. Bowels woke up today and I think that has helped everything. I can drink without pain now and finally feel hydrated for the first time since surgery. Soooo sick of fake Protein though. Can't wait to add some natural Proteins back into my diet.

I was thinking about you @@claddagh66! Glad you're doing ok!

So you were done the day before me! So we're on the same timing so to speak. Luckily my tastebuds at this point have only down me things taste sweeter. Everything is so sweet ???? Have you bought the Isopure flavorless powder to add to things? That's really helped me. I got it off Amazon. If not, give it a try!

I still have a lot of gas trapped also and still haven't went together bathroom. It's been 6 days???? But I've always been very constipated cause I'm on meds all the time for 7 herniated discs in my lower back and my neck so my system is always a mess. This will just make it a total disaster. Looking forward go feeling emptied tho that's for sure! Glad it's helped you and your feeling better now! That makes a world of difference!

So glad to talk to you again. What area are you from? I made a secret site on fb for my local area. How much would you like to lose?

I need to walk more also. I gotta get this has gone! I'm taking gasx drinking Smooth Move tea all these liquids and still nothin! ????

I agree...everything is so sweet. I made some homemade cream of mushroom Soup today (with fat free milk). Had about a 1/2 cup of it. Tasted great, but my stomach has been killing me since. Wondering if it is the milk in it? I haven't tried the Isopure powder, but I'm going to. I have one u jury unflavored that I added to. Rastas light, but it turned my stomach.

Lots of trapped gas here too....especially after that darn Soup today. Been taking GasX strips, which do seem to help. I had some loose stool the day after I came home from the hospital, but that has been it. Took some milk of magnesia today in the hopes of helping regulate things.

Herniated discs are the worst. I had one in February of this year for the first time. I could barely walk the pain was so bad. Are you hoping the weight loss will help improve that condition? For your sake, I certainly hope it does.

I started seeing my team in June of 2015. Before surgery, I lost about 45 pounds. I would like to loose another 100 pounds, which would put me in a normal range BMI. How about you?

Buy GENEPRO also. I put that into everything! 30g per scoop and the scoop is small! Doesn't change the taste or thickness. Nothing. Just adds protein! Wala!

The cream of mushroom sounds good. Maybe it was the milk. I've heard we can become lactose intolerant after this. I'm hoping not. Maybe you just weren't ready for it. Wait a couple days and try again. Maybe not as much. 1/4 cup this time and wait.

I still have trapped gas. It's like will it ever end! I finally went to the bathroom today and that helped at the time but I feel no different now. I'm back to being crampy and gassy. I too use the gas strips and also the chewy tabs. Not working yet.

So you understand the herniated feeling. It's horrible. I have 7 just in my lower back! I'm always in pain. Yes I am hoping big time that taking the weight off will help all of this including my fractured foot as well! Fingers crossed.

I started seeing my doctor in October. I didn't lose much but like 6 pounds. But good I didn't gain! They put me through so many tests! I stated off at 201 and am now down to 185. I was 191 presurgical. I'm already losing plus I lost what I gained in there. I'd like to get to around 135. I'm only 5' and all of my weight is in my lower half so my ass is huge and so are my legs!

How is everyone doing after our 8mo mark?!? It's been awhile so I wanted to check in with everyone!

I can't believe it has been almost 9 months! I'm doing really well. I've lost about 125 pounds all together, about 75 since surgery. I had some trouble with my gallbladder, which was removed on December 30. I was feeling sick/in pain for a month or so before that, but am feeling much better now. I'm about 30 lbs away from my goal weight, and I'm planning on running a 5k to Celebrate my one year surgiversary. How are you doing?

Hi. Any advice for me? I'm on day 4 of my liquid diet and my surgery is 4 days away! (Tuesday). Excited and scared! Anyone else with this date?

Hi.. I had sleeve surgery about 5 months ago. You will be great. Most Important is to drink lots of Water because ull get dehydrated faster than a normal person will. **as soon as u wake up tell the nurse u want to walk** ur blood needs to flow through ur body and u need to get rid of the air in your stomach. Because during surgery they need to fill ur stomach with air to do the surgery. And the air stays in after surgery so walk walk walk even if your exsulsted. Do like a lap or 2 around nap then force ur self up and walk. Most important u won't feel the need to pee so u have to force ur self to use the bathroom. Make sure that when u get to shower u wash ur wounds and pat dry them so they can heal the right way.. oh and drink lots of Water other than that ull be great trust me????????????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App

@@LibrarianBecky I am trying this again. Hope it works this time. I'm so so glad to hear your doing so well! 125 pounds is amazing to lose! Good for you! You have to feel like a whole new person. Sorry you had some trouble with you gallbladder. That really stinks! Hopefully getting it removed will make a big difference for you and you feel a lot better. Did they have you on actigul? Best of luck in your 5k this spring! That's super exciting!!! Still friend me on fb f you'd like. I'm on there often!????

Your too sweet. Yes I feel better each day. Getting a lot of liquids in is so difficult. I'm trying to get the hang of it myself too! We had surgery on the same day. You had RNY right?

Right now I feel very cramped from drinking too much and I'm still not up to the 64oz! I got almost 90oz of Protein in by adding powder to tea and broth. That helps. I'm so worried my hair is going to fall out!!!!

Does your back hurt from laying around so much? Mine sure does. What are your stats? I'm 5' and before surgery I got down to 187. I was 200 when this all started.

@@claddagh66 i have similar stats as you however have not had surgery yet. how much weight did your surgeon want you to lose before your 2nd consult, if you dont mine me asking.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App