Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 26th is coming quickly

Hi. Any advice for me? I'm on day 4 of my liquid diet and my surgery is 4 days away! (Tuesday). Excited and scared! Anyone else with this date?

Any advice? Excited and scared!

@@claddagh66

hi back at ya!!

i had my sleeve 4+ years ago

(not in 4 days)

we can still talk, right? smirk

enjoying the liquid diet? ;)

it will be done and over with soon!!

within the next 4 days, your emotions will go up and down

that's ok

many people experience these feelings

excited, scared - both ends of the spectrum

after surgery, walk as much as you can

hospital hallways etc

this will help any gas situations you might have

drink liquids very slowly

any trouble with water/crystal light etc

try drinking at room temp (not you, the water! :lol:)

right now you it's all about YOU

hope you have family/friends that will be around to help you

it's your turn to have others wait on you

you are special, don't ever forget!!

best of luck to you

speedy recovery

kathy

Thanks so much Kathy for all of your insite and great advice!

I plan to listen carefully and sip sip sip and walk as much as I can. I will try to do my best

How are you feeling since your procedure 4 years ago? You were one of the beginners with it! I had full intentions on having the sleeve until I found out about all my acids and issues then we had to go to RNY. I'm calm right now but every once in awhile I get lost in thoughts and my stomach flips

Yes this 7 day liquid diet sucks!!!

Thanks for jumping in!

Dawn

Edited by claddagh66

Mine is the same date as yours!!! I will be having mine at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit.....:) Best of luck to you

I have the same date as well! Today is my last day at work until after the surgery (took a vacation day on Monday to get things in order at home). I am definitely starting to be nervous, but I know that it will be worth it in the end.

I'm on Day 7 of my liquid Protein diet....and after Day 3, it got must easier to handle. I've found that being able to sip a cup of broth in the evening is enough of a 'treat' to get me through the day! After all the sweet from the shakes and fruit, I crave something salty...and broth fits the bill! I've lost about 8 pounds so far on the pre-op diet, so it must be working!

Best of luck to you on your surgery! We will do great!

Mine is the same date as yours!!! I will be having mine at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit.....:) Best of luck to you

Good luck to you way up in Detroit! I hope your surgery goes great! Thanks for writing me!

I have the same date as well! Today is my last day at work until after the surgery (took a vacation day on Monday to get things in order at home). I am definitely starting to be nervous, but I know that it will be worth it in the end.

I'm on Day 7 of my liquid Protein diet....and after Day 3, it got must easier to handle. I've found that being able to sip a cup of broth in the evening is enough of a 'treat' to get me through the day! After all the sweet from the shakes and fruit, I crave something salty...and broth fits the bill! I've lost about 8 pounds so far on the pre-op diet, so it must be working!

Best of luck to you on your surgery! We will do great!

Today is my last day to work (Saturday) I have all my winter and summer clothes all pulled out and I need to go thru everything! That's gonna take a lot of time.

I too am nervous! I wish I had my time so mentally I knew when it would be!

I'm on day 5 of 7 with the liquid diet. It's for the birds.

I'm hungry!!! It has gotten easier but I would love some food. I can understand what you mean about the sweet drinks. I had s cup of hot tea last night and it had spice in it. It was very good. Nice change up.

Where are you from?

I'm trying to do chores this weekend, to get my household in order before Tuesday. Lots of laundry! I'm hoping to have things in good order to make it easier on my husband. We have a 9 year old son, so husband will have to be on his own with him for a few days. They are used to being a bit spoiled by me..... They will muddle through though. How long of a hospital stay are you anticipating? My team said they generally release people on Friday.

I live near Columbus, Ohio. How about you?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Ya I also have a ton of things I want to do. I stopped after work today and got more liquid things and Jello. Busy weekend for both of us!

My hubby will be home with my 16yr old son. My daughter may come home from college for the weekend but will have to drive back on Sunday. I have a doxie that is paralyzed and requires to be manually expressed to go potty. I'm so worried about him. No one can express him completely like I can so I will be very unsettled until I can do him again myself.

Hopefully your guys make it without you fussing over them. They just may surprise you.

I am told I will be in for 2 full days. In on Tuesday and out Thursday as long as all goes well. I usually have trouble with my bp dropping way low so we shall see. I'm definitely not a good surgical candidate lol.

I live in McMurray Pa. South of Pittsburgh so we aren't too far away!????

Oh, I know my husband and son will be fine. It's just my job to worry about them. :) I understand worrying about your dog. I love my little dog. She will cuddle up to me while I'm healing. So sweet and loving.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

found out about acids and issues then we had to go to RNY.

@@claddagh66

Dawn

heartburn, gerd, does/can get worse for some people post sleeve

sounds like you investigated well before your upcoming surgery - you are aces!!! such a smart cookie LOL

RNY might work better for you - good decision

4 years is kind of a long time PO - there are OP that have been here 7+ years!!!

just to mention, the sleeve was invented over 100+ years ago!!! at the time it was used helping stomach cancer!!

RNY tomorrow!!!! eeeeek!!!

take a nap while doc is performing RNY!!

you'll do great

try and get a good nights sleep tonight

sweet dreams :rolleyes:

kathy

Yes I really feel this is the best decision for most people! I trust it.

I greatly appreciate your advice and guidance for me! Your really awesome.

Are you by chance on Facebook?

Good thoughts to all those having surgery today yay the wait is over congrats

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using the BariatricPal App