Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone regret having the sleeve done? If you do or don't regret it what would be the main gripes or changes you have had to adapt to? Even things like it's harder to go to dinner parties or even small things- I want to hear it all!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I regret not doing it earlier. I missed out on some good years that could have been even better. I think I spent thousands of dollars in medical costs, extra large clothes etc. by being fat.

My only regret is not doing this sooner.

Not a single regret. The first few weeks were hard but doable. It is so worth it.

No! Nothing!

Did everyone tell friends/ co workers. I am not planning to tell anyone other than immediate family and I don't know how to handle like dinner invites or work party's/ food days? Just say i am eating healthy? I am worried if someone confronts me and the amount I eat what to say.

Did everyone tell friends/ co workers. I am not planning to tell anyone other than immediate family and I don't know how to handle like dinner invites or work party's/ food days? Just say i am eating healthy? I am worried if someone confronts me and the amount I eat what to say.

I had the lap band and only my husband knows, not even my kids. I'm having the lap band removed due to some serious complications, and at the same time revising it to the sleeve, and again the only person that knows is my husband, and my co workers that will be on my team, I work in the OR. Maybe in time I'll tell others but don't see why I need to.

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

I tend to be a rather open person, and didn't want to have to remember "who knew and who didn't" so I have told anyone that was interested. the most emotional things for me is some friends who had been concerned over my health for a long time. they have become my biggest cheerleaders.

but I tend to not mind educating people either - some people are more shy, or more private, or don't handle people's opinion well or just plain don't want to discuss it so they don't.

neither way is right or wrong.

Unless they are being extremely nosey and rude, nobody is going to say anything about how much you're eating.

I used to worry about the same thing until I realized nobody cared what or how much I was eating. If you don't make it a big deal, they won't make it a big deal. Simple as that.

I only regret not doing it sooner.

I have low carbed off and on for about 16 years, so no one really cares that I am eating low carb again.

If you live a healthy life, people don't ask a lot of questions.

i regretted it at first. maybe for like the first 3 or 4 months post-op. i thought i'd never be normal again. sick every time i ate. felt like a freak. but now. six months or so later. i can eat pretty normal (small quantities of course but most any type of food) and i'm down 70lbs and i don't regret it. i didn't tell many people so that part is up to you. it's a deeply personal experience.

Regrets? - None

Wishes - I wish I had done this years ago.

Changes - the biggest change for me is that my new way of eating has significantly altered my lifestyle. food used to be a social event... I used to go out to lunch with a group daily; now it's maybe a couple times a month. I also eat out as little as possible since it's difficult to get the right foods and portions at most places. For me now food is fuel, and refueling is way less fun than social eating. Even if it is the right approach to take.

I am 3 in a half weeks out and although I don't "regret it" per se, I'm finding it very difficult to juggle work and my new stomach. My job is very demanding and it's pretty much 24 hrs a day (in the office 9 and on call the rest of the time). I went back to work after 2 weeks and after only being back a week, I'm off again and taking an additional 3 weeks off because I was an emotional mess. It didn't help that I received a huge promotion the day I returned, so that in itself and the. Learning to deal with my new stomach really pushed me over the edge. That one week I was at work, I didn't eat and barely drank cuz I was swamped. I decided with the urging of my husband to take more time off to get the hang of the sleeve before I dive into the new position at work. I'm feeling like a failure and hopeless, I hope it gets better soon.. Good luck.

My only regret, like others, is not doing it sooner. I only told my mother and my close friend who took care of my dog while in the hospital. As for dinner parties and other invites, the one thing I have realized is that no one is watching what I am eating. They are enjoying themselves and their food!

@@Kellyfitz4 you are not a failure or helpless! This was exactly why my surgeon recommended 4 weeks (at least). He said that it is very difficult both emotionally and for the post-op diet to go back to work sooner. You'll feel better soon and can get back to work into your new position - feeling stronger and healthier! Congrats on your promotion!