Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long was your hospital stay?

Hospital stay of one night, and maybe a half a day after that, is pretty standard. That sounds like a pretty quick turnaround from work. My job is as sedentary as it comes, and after Thursday surgery, didn't go back until the following Thursday. They wouldn't approve anything earlier, and didn't really want to approve that either.

I had a one night hospital stay , two full days one sleepless night

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That's kind of what I'm afraid of. I can't sleep any where but in my own bed and I'm not too fond of hospitals to begin with. Yet, after reading everyone's responses, I'm nervous that they're going to send me home too soon. My surgeon's office seems to think that I'll be in and out of the hospital within hours and that I'll be ready to get back to work with few restrictions 3 days later.

2 nights for me. Now two weeks post-op and I have no energy at all. Mentally and physically drained. No pain just exhausted. It's very hard to get in fluids because I just feel sick to my stomach. I'm happy that I am not at work right now.

@@anitavee, I sure hope it gets easier for you. I'm sorry that you're having a rough time. Praying for you.

My doctor would not allow ANYONE to go home with less than 2 nights in the hospital. Also I would strongly recommend that you take a minimum of two weeks of work unless you are a professional napper. This is major surgery and you need time and rest to heal and you deserve it. Many people especially those with anything other than desk job will take off work for an entire month. Take care of you girl[emoji4]

Also keep in mind that you will be in pain meds that should seriously help you sleep. If your doctor is advising you to return to work within 3 days I would strongly recommend a second opinion. I have not heard of anyone ever returning to work in 3 days.

I had a one night hospital stay , two full days one sleepless night

My surgeon's office seems to think that I'll be in and out of the hospital within hours and that I'll be ready to get back to work with few restrictions 3 days later.

How many procedures has your Doctor done? In and out of the hospital within hours !!!???? Back to work in 3 days???!!! Sorry but that is absurd.

I had surgery on a Tuesday, went home Wednesday, and was feeling "normal"( lol as normal as you can feel eating Clear Liquids only) by Saturday, I went to a birthday party Saturday and Sunday was with my sister all day when she went to the hospital, so depending on your job and how you heal, Monday would have been fine for me.

I had my surgery around 9:30am.

I was released the next afternoon at 4:30pm.

Very smooth and easy recovery. Since I also had an umbilical hernia repair I allowed 3 full weeks before returning to work.

I was in the hospital 2 days, I'm off work for 4 weeks. I got the roux en Y.

Had my surgery March 28 and just went back to work this week. I probably could have gone back last week but not any sooner. I was in the hospital 3days and was glad for the time and help. You are going to be tired from the surgery, the anesthesia and healing. Please don't rush back to work if you have a choice.

Sent from my QMV7A using the BariatricPal App

I was in the hospital for five days and didn't return to work for five weeks. But then again I had complications after surgery.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

My surgery was a day surgery so I was home by 2:30 the same day. I took a entire week off. I don't think that I needed the entire week being that by day 5 I was out fishing. I certainly wasnt at 100% but I was good.

Sent from my LGMS631 using the BariatricPal App