Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost finished with all tests/requirements before submitting the auth for approval. Did a sleep study Saturday night. And have my psych appt Friday. Getting more nervous as each day passes. Hope to do the surgery in May sometime.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Me too, my last dr supervised and NUT appts are on Thursday. Already did psyche. And that is all my surgeon checked as far as my testing goes. I already had an old sleep study done so supposedly i won't have to re-do that. Surgeon did not mark endoscopy or cardiology appt. Boy am I gonna be PISSED if he changes his mind. I should be ready to submit on Friday according to his initial surgery requirements sheet. My husband, on the other hand, had to do all the aforementioned appts/tests and I can only assume it is because he is 9 years older than i. His surgery was approved in 1 day by BCBS fed and is scheduled may 2 for surgery. Keeping fingers and toes crossed for both of us!

Looks like we may be on the same timeline! Have you done the endoscopy/cardiology or don't you need to either?

I only had to do a swallow study, sleep study, and psych visit. Went this past Saturday for the sleep study and depending on the results may have to go for a second night this week. I'm almost sure they will find something so they can cash in!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

What is your BMI?

Why not call your surgeon's office and double check about the endoscopy and cardiology requirements?

If you don't have to have them you will have peace of mind about the process going forward immediately.

If you DO have to have an endoscopy +/or a cardio clearance, then you can get those scheduled and completely ASAP.

I wouldn't wait until my next appointment to find out that time was wasted because someone forgot to check a box.

Good luck with your journey. It is an exciting one to say the least! :)

I know! On one hand, I hate to draw attention to it and on the other hand, I don't want to waste time. But.......I did say on my initial visit to the main insurance/precert gal that I was surprised my surgeon didn't require me to get an endoscopy. She said nope, it's not checked so you don't have to. As for the cardiologist, she said since I am 9 years younger than my hubby (I am 56), I don't need cardiology clearance. I asked if she was sure, lol, and she kinda looked like she was insulted, but oh well. I then brought it up on one of my dr supervised appts who is also the assistant surgeon. He said "everyone" has a to have an endoscopy. I said "really? Everyone.? Well, I don't! " He just made some comments about why I wouldn't have to....it made no sense to me at all, but I guess my point is is that I brought it up on 2 different occasions to 2 different office personnel. Nobody said it must be a mistake so I guess maybe I'm just lucky in that regard. Time will tell!

So I am holding my breath come this Thursday when I have my last NUT and dr supervised appts. I will see the insurance gal and tell her I'm ready and to go ahead and submit and see what she says lol.

Then, you go , girl!! You and hubby, just hang on tight to each other and ---away you'll go!!!

I couldn't be happier for you--both.

:)

Prayers going up.