Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all August 2016 sleevers!

I would really love to know who all is going to be doing this is the same time as me. I figure we can all kind of support and encourage each other in our journeys :)

Now, tell me who you are! Let's get to know each other :D

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

Hi I'm Ana 31 I just met with my surgeon on Thursday and looks like depending on what the insurance says we might be looking at an August day could be sooner but we won't know until things are submitted. I have a daughter she is 11 my husband is in the military so we move a lot trying to get this done before is time to move again .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

Edited by AnaLaura85

I may be an August sleever. I'm hoping for July, but there is only one day in July that my surgeon does surgery at the hospital that I am required to go to. So, there is a fairly good chance I'll have to wait until August.

So, where is everyone in there progress toward surgery?

I complete my required 3 month weight loss on May 20th and have my upper endoscopy/pre-surgical appointment on May 19th. Just got my CPAP machine yesterday and did great with it. I have to be using it 15 days before my upper endoscopy, so I'll be okay with that.

August sleever here too. - as long as all goes as it is suppose to. Sara from Delaware. I am 38 years old. I am not married and have no children. Began my process at the end of January (seminar.). Just completed my initial measurements/ psych appt last week. Did EDG 2 weeks ago. Attending monthly WLS classes (required for 6 months by insurance.)

Just started tracking Water intake, and stopped soda. Down to 1 cup coffee (with caffeine) a day. Hoping to go Decaf as soon as my body adjusts to the "no soda" thing :-) Still struggling to get motivated when it comes to physical exercise. food intake still needs to change too.

How is eve one else doing with lifestyle changes?

August sleever here too. - as long as all goes as it is suppose to. Sara from Delaware. I am 38 years old. I am not married and have no children. Began my process at the end of January (seminar.). Just completed my initial measurements/ psych appt last week. Did EDG 2 weeks ago. Attending monthly WLS classes (required for 6 months by insurance.)

Just started tracking Water intake, and stopped soda. Down to 1 cup coffee (with caffeine) a day. Hoping to go Decaf as soon as my body adjusts to the "no soda" thing :-) Still struggling to get motivated when it comes to physical exercise. food intake still needs to change too.

How is eve one else doing with lifestyle changes?

I began my process in Feb and met with my surgeon this pass Thursday I was told insurance needs 6 months before they approve however my doc office counts the February appointment with my pcm the call from March to see the surgeon then that appointment plus hopefully I can get records from visits I had last year to the dietitian that would cover 4 months they want to try to submit with that and see what insurance says if they decline in would just need to finish 2 more months. I'm supposed to call and make my appointment for psych evaluation next week and I have physical with my pcm next week also. As far as food changes I think the hardest for me is giving up soda I'm not a big coffee drinker but soda is a problem I've done it before it's just hard , sweets I'm not a big fan so not hard there and carbs I'm not great at counting carbs so I have to really work on that.

AnaLaura85- soda was a tough. I just slowly lessened my intake. I was very nervous about the headaches' as I have attempted before to give up caffeine. I replaced the soda with Water ( & sometimes crystal light packets.)

I'm a foody. Sweet, salty...doesn't matter. I do not discriminate against food. Hehehe.

AnaLaura85- soda was a tough. I just slowly lessened my intake. I was very nervous about the headaches' as I have attempted before to give up caffeine. I replaced the soda with Water ( & sometimes crystal light packets.)

I'm a foody. Sweet, salty...doesn't matter. I do not discriminate against food. Hehehe.

Lol yes I do love food Mexican and Italian and both no bueno Mexican a lot of it is fried and oh so good and Italian well the Pasta is my weakness I have been able to give it up and lose weight last time I lost 45 on my own just to gain it right back I wasn't heavy as a child or teen after I had my daughter I got pcos and everything went down hill or better yet up lol its been 11 years of trying to lose the baby weight and then some and it always comes back I'm 5'3 230. I do feel you on the headaches so far I'm trying to do 1 soda every other day as I slowly leave it and Water I have to have some flavor in it or I won't drink it unless I'm like super thirsty lol

Im right there with ya. 5'4". I wasnt heavy as a child either, but my entire family was overweight. I think I always compensated for that to try and prevent my destiny.

Too bad there isnt a cola type Water flavor powder. :-) Water isnt my thing either. I do better when weather is warmer. I cant drink ater in winter. And I typically only drink room temp water.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I lost my interest in soda when I was on Topamax. My doctor had prescribed it several years ago for weight loss. It didn't help me lose weight, but it makes soda (and beer) taste horrible. And now I still can't drink it. For those having a problem breaking the soda habit, maybe ask your doctor about it?

And I should mention, Topamax isn't a traditional weight loss drug. My doctor was prescribing it because my insurance wouldn't cover regular weight loss meds.

Edited by Rainy Days

I'm in Virginia. Started 4 week preop diet a few days ago. Sleeve revision surgery in Mexico on May 18

Sent from my Nexus 5 using the BariatricPal App

Hi, I'm Jennifer I just turned 38 Monday and have 4 kids, 5 grandkids n 1 on the way ????. I started in December my last app is May 25th and hope to have my surgery in June July or maybe even August, they can't tell me anything toll insurance approves me ???? so I wait I'm also having the sleeve, can't wait to start a new and be able to do things I have never done n not done for yrs plus spend more years with my husband and family

☆Jeni☆

Hi I'm Janet. I'm 43 years old from Baytown, Texas. I am married (25yrs). We have 1 son and soon to be daughter. My son is getting married in October. So...while getting ready for surgery...we are also planning a wedding! Today for my 3rd visit as well as my Psychological Evaluation. My insurance requires 6 months of "weigh ins". So...if all goes as planned I will be sleeved in August as well!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using the BariatricPal App

Hi, I'm Jennifer I just turned 38 Monday and have 4 kids, 5 grandkids n 1 on the way ????. I started in December my last app is May 25th and hope to have my surgery in June July or maybe even August, they can't tell me anything toll insurance approves me ???? so I wait I'm also having the sleeve, can't wait to start a new and be able to do things I have never done n not done for yrs plus spend more years with my husband and family

☆Jeni☆

Happy Belated Birthday!

Sent from my SM-N900V using the BariatricPal App

Yay! So fun to see so many August Sleevers! It is going to be great getting to know all of you :)

So, quick update on my journey.

Yesterday I had my chest xray, my upper GI, my bloodwork (they took 13 vials!!!!), and my appointment "0" with my nutritionist.

Unfortunately, my upper GI uncovered an anomaly that they think may be an ulcer.

This definitely throws a wrench in the spokes. They are having me set up an appointment with a gastro-enterologst. Apparently he usually books 1-2 months out. Once I meet with him, he will schedule me for an endoscopy (another 1-2 months out) to determine if there is in fact an ulcer. If there isn't, my surgery can go on as planned (if it isn't already delayed at that point). If there is an ulcer, I have to have it treated for several months before they will do the surgery. This could potentially push me into the next calendar year, which would mean I would have to pay my OOP max again.

I feel like crying. Just a little.

But, I have plans. I have already ordered some aloe juice and am going to be drinking it like it is going out of style. I don't honestly think I have an ulcer (I have NO symptoms), but on the off chance that I do, this aloe juice should clear it up before the endoscopy.

I am also going to ask my doctor for a Urea Breath Test. This will show whether the bacteria H. Pylori is living in my stomach. If there is no H. Pylori, there is no ulcer. Hopefully that would convince him to not make me do the endoscopy and could save me months of waiting (and lots of money too).

We shall see.

Anyway, rant over. How is everybody doing today?