Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I changed my food Its my 7th day post op and im happy

Im very happy for some reason. The 5th day was hard but 6 and 7 where for some reason good and my stomach stoped hurting. Im off my jelo and broth im eating Soups like chicken Soup and mushroom Soups. I drink 2 teacups of apple juice. And as much Water as i can durring the day. Yesterday i ate a zucchini and half a potato but there were well boiled and really really soft, i ate them will walking around the house lool, it was the first time in along time that ive moved my jaw like that lool it felt good and i was done them witch took me 25mins to finish 2 small things, but it was worth it i felt full. My stomach didnt hurt at all i was sooo happy, i went for a walk right after i finished them the walk was amazing i felt soo good. I walked for about 20mins outside. Then came inside for about 3 hours and had half a pudding . After that sleeped all night . This morning i woke up took all my meds and then had my other half of pudding and a cup of tea 2 hours later my parents bougth croissant i had to have a little piece they looked amazing lool. I wannted to ask anyone if it was okay to eat just a little piece i sweded it really well doe and it went down just fine i got worried because it is still to early its only my 7th day post op and my doctor is on vacation he wont be comming back in 2 weeks. Soo is it okay if i just ate a little piece it wasnt much. I dont wanna offend anyone that i started eating normal again ive lost 6 kgs in 7 days im felling amazing. My breading is better i can fell it and im not that over weigth im 135kgs 297pounds, im 129kgs now so 284pounds. Im looking foward to positive comments thanks ???? have yourselfs a great day.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using the BariatricPal App

Great news :-) Glad to hear that you are feeling improvements in your comfort and well being. Based on my own experience, I think there will still be bumps in the road here and there, but that overall you will be feeling better and better in the coming weeks....

I don't feel so bad then. I'm a week out as well and let me tell you, it's been though. I made chicken tetrazzinni for the family. I took a taste from the tip of a spoon and was in heaven. I've been eating potato Soup and mashing the chunks. I was worried if it was considered too thick or not. I am hungry but when I drink my Protein Shake I'm good. I think I just miss chewing

Bro I think I'm like you I feel better when I get something in me.I chew real well.I haven't tried breads or vegetables I had a couple licks of Hummus and it was amazing!I wish I could eat a pita with it.Takenit easy though last thing we want is to hurt out stitches/staples and get leakage.Keep feeling good.

Going against your post surgery prescription diet is not only dangerous, but ignorant and foolish.

No one knows your body better than you.

Well not sure that last statement is true....we don't know our bodies... listening to them (and our head) is what has landed us where we are - no guilt here, no shame either. But at 7 days that stomach is not healed, and your body needs proper fuel.

And what are the rules? Protein first so your weight loss won't cause your body to use what muscle you have for fuel.....please be careful, no one wants you to aggravate the sleeve while it heals. Lovingly care for your body by giving it the best chance for that.

I am still pre op, but I know I have to do liquids for 2 weeks post op.
I thought I read somewhere to be careful with breads bc they can get stuck or swell...it was something unpleasant. Just be careful with your new stomach.

I know that food tastes good and may not hurt your stomach but it's not so much about that. Even through your stomach is smaller you can still gain weight eating carbs like that. Because you can no longer intact as much, try and focus on the main things you need which is Protein and Water. This is huge. You can get dehydrated. The bad thing about getting dehydrated I have found is that it really sneaks up on you. I'm 4 weeks out from surgery and have had two big scares with dehydration. I was so focused on foods that I could handle and enjoy and doing protein first that I was leaving out water more then I realized. Now I make water more of a major goals. Just be careful.

So, I just had my final pre-op meeting with a nurse of the bariatric team. She does a mandatory class that explains the importance of the pre and post op diets, what to expect on surgery day and the following days.
She told us about a patient that ate broccoli one week post op and it got stuck in her sleeve. They had to do a midline cut on the lady and open her sleeve to get the broccoli out.
We are required to have a two week liquid diet post op. And from what happened to the girl that ate broccoli, I can appreciate the importance of following the guidelines. Just because you may look healed on the outside, the inside has a long way to go.
Just thought I would share, I was a bit horrified by the story.

Wow I'd be scared. Every time I feel a new pain or tinge I freak out a bit. I'm glad it worked out for you and you are feeling better. Preop liquid diet bothered me but on this side it seems more than reasonable but so far I'm just thirsty not hungry. I might have some cream of wheat tomorrow to see if that goes over but that's an allowed food from my doctor. Applause too but I really am focusing on my Liquid Protein. When I get the right amount in I feel so much better! Good luck