Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back on the 'band' wagon!

Hi guys! Hope you're all well! I used to be on here quite often, but have been coming on less and less recently.

I was 24 stone and got down to 15.9...then I met my boyfriend (excuses, excuses ) and when things got more settled between us I started to get a bit TOO comfortable and relaxed food-wise...

I just went to healthier weight for a fill yesterday after not having one for a whole year and I have managed to put on a stone and a half! I got a fill which means I now have 9.2ml in 10ml band and so I am well and truly back on the bandwagon after allowing my weight to creep up and giving myself a true case of the fear!

I decided to come back on here to get some control back and put myself back on track, I really want to make it to 14 stone as that was my original goal weight. Although it hasn't crept up SO much considering I have been eating basically what I want for the last year or so, it is creeping in the wrong direction and I refuse to go back to where I started!

I have re-downloaded my fitness pal (which used to be my bible), so looking for a good boot up the ass and some motivation! If i could lose another three stone I would be really happy! I'm on my second day of liquids today and I am already feeling sick of the sight of Soup. I forgot this feeling!

Oh well! Onwards and downwards so they say :P

Lu xx

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Good luck. Looks like there are few bandster's posting here any more. At least lately it seems that way.

Wow!! I know you have said that you have put on a stone or so... But can I say it's really inspiring to read about your weight loss.

I was banded yesterday and so far everything seems to be ok.

Can I ask- what did you drink in the liquid stage?

Keep up the amazing work!

Xx

Hey! Welcome to the 'losers' bench! I am more than happy to answer any queries! I had Soup mainly, not creamed kinds as they can be quite calorific. Tomato Soup etc. I also had coffee and soya chocolate milk, cuppa Soups and some runny yoghurt. When I first got my band done I used to have jelly which was nice because made me feel like I was actually eating something! How are you feeling after being banded?

Lu xx

I've been told not to have jelly- just liquids. Today I have half of a slim fast shake, but may have a little bit of Soup later. I'm trying hard to keep my Water up. I feel really good- I'm up and about, I feel like I'm recovering really quickly. Ive had no pain killers today.

I'm just hoping my weight loss continues xx

Egg drop Soup is just boiling chicken broth with an egg added and stirred. Very satisfying and lots of Protein.

There do seem to be some people that the band does not seem to work for.... I'm sure for all kinds of reasons

I'm grateful to read about happy banding stories.

I'm 9 + years out and although she can be a bi*ch at times, I'm happy with my decision. It truly changed my life. From Size 22 to size 12.... Size 10 in a great month . And only 10 lb yo-yo at any given time . It was not the losing weight , but rather the huge regains that used to have me feel unsuccessful before surgery.

I think I feel better at 60+ than I did at 40! A whole different way to live.

It is nice to have a group of like minded people on this forum

I just know I'm gonna try everyday. No 100% here.... But I'm gonna try

positive band stories are what I look for. I know that not everyone is successful for one reason or other. I have the deepest sympathy for anyone who has serious complications. I am however so grateful that I made the decision to change my life and become healthier and happier. I had my lapband Jan. 15, 2013. At age 66 I had come to the realization that my health was taking a turn that might be irrepairable. Diabetes was worsening, high blood pressure and high cholesterol was threatening my life. My Primary Doctor knew I had tried for many years to lose weight . I had tried every weight loss program and even had a personal trainer. I lost weight but never was able to maintain the loss long enough to change my health issues. Weight loss surgery of any kind is not a guarantee for success but I will say that having my band as a tool has helped me maintain my loss for over 3 years. I hope to see more successful outcomes for everyone. No matter what surgery you choose, the important part is you have taken that step forward to a better life.

Great work getting back on the "band" wagon! I'm in a similar place but had a set-back much earlier in my losing process. But it's not a race and I know I'll get there eventually. If I do something drastic I won't be able to keep it up so I just need regular sustainable habits :)