Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can we have popcorn?

Can we eat Organic Natural popcorn? Calories 110 Protein 3 grams

How far out are you? I was cleared for things like seeds and nuts by 3 months but I waited 6 before trying popcorn. Since I've been in maintenance it's been a regular snack.< /p>

3 months out

I have ate one cup of smart food delight popcorn (35 cals) almost every day since I was about two months out with my NUTS blessing.

It would be a little early for my comfort, but if your surgeon OKs it and your sleeve tolerates it then I don't see why not.

It literally has no nutritional value but I've had some once with no issues. We're about the same weeks post op.

I don't make a habit of it, but I had some air popped popcorn at 4 weeks out, no issues.

I was allowed a serving of it on occasion after my one month check up.

I was allowed after six months; I'm 8 months now and still haven't had any yet.

Funny. I've been around popcorn a couple times in the month since my sleeve. Both times I've thought "that smells kinda good", but my sleeve has interrupted the thought with "don't even think about it".

I am hopeful that my sleeve will be as forthcoming with things it wants to try as it is with things it firmly says "no" to ;-)

Funny. I've been around popcorn a couple times in the month since my sleeve. Both times I've thought "that smells kinda good", but my sleeve has interrupted the thought with "don't even think about it".

I am hopeful that my sleeve will be as forthcoming with things it wants to try as it is with things it firmly says "no" to ;-)

My sleeve sounds like James Earl James. Just imagine Darth Vader standing behind you saying... do... not.... eat.... that.

Can we eat popcorn? Yes. Should we eat popcorn? No.

It has far too many carbs and is a known slider food, meaning that it's possible to eat a ton of it because it just slides right down our sleeve and does not produce restriction.

I can tell you that I messed up once and went to the movies and gave in and ordered a large popcorn. I thought I would have plenty to eat over the next week or so. I ate half of the bag right then and there and the rest that night.

If you are going to eat popcorn only eat it as an occasional treat and do not make a permanent part of your normal diet.

I initially was told by my nutrionist to NEVER have popcorn. Fast forward a year, I met w/my surgeon and asked him to explain why I couldn't have popcorn, he said he DIDN'T say never, just early on! One of his reasons is popcorn has no nutrional value and if you can only eat a little in the early stages, he prefers we concentrate on protein& veggies.

I do eat white cheddar skinnypop popcorn most days (100 calorie bag). Trying to cut back, because I'm not at goal and need to watch the carbs but I so love it.