Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded with Dr. Oh

Hi everyone! I've been around here for awhile but am still working on scheduling my surgery with Dr. Oh and Dr. Hirai. I'm hoping to connect with anyone else who will have surgery with them, or who has had surgery with Dr. Oh.

How did it go? How did you choose Dr. Oh/St. Francis?

My surgery date is 9/27 with Dr. Oh. He seems to be competent and I've

heard good things about him (like he's a surgeon's surgeon--knows his stuff), but I kind of got the impression that he prefers RNY (his specialty).

Did you get the same vibe?

Dana

Dr. Oh did my lap band in May and he said about 70% of his patients have the band. The longer you are with him the more he warms up and even smiles. Hirai is great and very nice from the get go. They have never missed on a fill that I know off on me or my two friends. I go to the support meetings at St. Jo's and glean lot's of information from this site and mix it up all together. I am almost to my half way point and it has been the easiest thing i have ever done. I recommend it to all my overweight friends!

Hi, I'm one of Wendy's friends that she mentioned, banded by Dr Oh on May 24th. I am very happy with my choice to have the surgery and my surgeon. My fills have both been done by Dr Hirai, very gentle and painless.

Getting involved in support group is a must in my book. I like this on-line talk and the St Joes support group. Everybody's different, but I need to talk with others who are going through it too, share frustrations and victories...keeps me motivated!

What area do you live in? The support groups that meet are a great source of information. Real people who are living it now...ther's no better place to learn!

Sue

I'm from Gig Harbor.

I go tomorrow for all the lab work stuff, and then I see Dr. Oh on

Wednesday. I'm so encouraged by your's and Wendy's weight loss...I've

been kinda wondering lately if I should have chosen the RNY route, but I think I've made the correct choice!

I definitely intend on attending the support group at St. Joe's. Hope to meet the both of you!

Dana

See you there!

There's a meeting this Monday at 6:45 if you can make it, just pull up to the front (free valet) and head downstairs to the cafeteria. Sometimes the room changes, it's either the room on the left just before you enter the cafeteria, or you walk all the way throught the cafeteria to the meeting room on the far side. Giving us the meeting rooms on either side of the cafeteria is kind of cruel, especially for those on liquids!!!

My surgery was with Dr. Oh more than 2 years ago. I think he was the second surgeon. Everything for me went very well. My surgery went super smooth, St. Francis was awesome. I would let Dr. Oh cut me with a knife again.

Hi All,

I am going to be banded by Dr. Srikanth, who is now in with Dr. Oh. I am glad to hear good things about their office and St. Francis!!

Goldie1109...

Just saw your post...tomorrow is your big day! Good luck and God's speed on your recovery

Good job on the pre-op diet, you're on your way!

Sue

Thank you Sue...I am so ready. The liquid diet went much better than I ever expected! The only thing I don't like is the whey Protein Powder. I have seen a few others have had something different .. but I can't remember what it is. I think that I will go searching the site for the name of it.

Goldie...

It's Today...It's Today!

Did you go visit Vitalady? They will let you try all kinds of protien drinks, maybe there is one you will like better. My favorites are Champion chocolate, nectar Lemon and ProV60 vanilla Ice cream (Lemon and ice cream flavors mixed makes my favorite fruit smoothy base).

You're in my prayers today,

Sue

Hi All, I just found this thread. Goldie I'm hoping you're doing great !!

I have my surgery with Dr Oh on Dec 30th. Still aways away, but with all the appts. coming up, it'll be here fast.

Thanks everyone for all the info.

Vicki

Hi Vicky,

I too am from Port Orchard..I was one year out on the 7th of November and have lost 101 lbs!!! :rolleyes2: I have never felt better..Just bought my first pair of size 12 pants...what a thrill considering I was a size 26 when I started. I have never regreted one minute of having been banded. I look at pictures from a year ago and I think WOW...I didn't even know I was that big. I have heard nothing but good about Dr. Oh and St. Francis is wonderful. Your day will be here before you know it. I wish you well on your journey.

Catholeen

Edited by Goldie1109

Hi Neighbor !

I miss read that, I thought you had your lap bad done 2 days ago. How encouraging, you have done amazing. :thumbup: I'm so glad I found this site, it's really answered allot of questions. (a million more to come I'm sure) I'd read a bad post about the office and was a little concerned, but I've heard SOOO much good, it's nice to hear how well you've done.