Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I give away all of my clothes that are too big?

I too kept my 1 pair of jeans and sold the rest. some on consignment in a local store and some online with ThredUp.com. Made me about 400$ so far.

What the others said-- get rid of them, except for one or two things to keep as the "before"--like I did to compare my size 20W shorts with my new size 2 shorts.

post-248928-14600415169717_thumb.jpg

I donated my stuff in one of the bins as the local elementary school where the proceeds go back to the school. Most of my clothes were cheap things from Target, so they were not worth selling.

Way to go @@iwillbeachitagain!!! Keep up the good work!

Okay, this is a great topic. I've turned it into one of my non-scale victory GOALS. I attend a bariatric surgery support group once or twice a month & I learn so much from the people who are 2, 3 & 4 years post-surgery. I also get reminded of where I was not very long ago with the newbies who are just entering the program. Anyway, one of my goals is being able to take a few bags of 1x & size 16 clothes to be able to offer anyone who would be interested after the meeting. Can't wait!

Get ridnof all of them!!! get pictures in them first then get rid of them. I was a 3x i got 3 different pics made in them got rid of them i am a size 12 petite now days.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using the BariatricPal App

Never keep those big clothes!!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using the BariatricPal App

I'm only four weeks postop, but I've lost almost 30 lbs since October. I went through my closet preop and sorted things. I went through again this afternoon and got rid of the stuff that is swimming on me.

I did hit a couple great end-of season sales back in January and bought two sizes each of a white LS tee, jeans, and black trousers. I can now wear the larger of those two sizes, so when I go back to work on Monday, I can wear clothes that fit, not clothes that are too big. The bargains I got were great enough that I was happy to have these basics on hand - I'm just thrilled that I can get into the larger size before I even go back to work. I couldn't get into them when they arrived in January.

I got rid of clothes in stages, but I did get rid of them. No fall back options were available.

I did keep a pair of jeans and a top - I pull them out periodically to remind myself of how big I allowed myself to get. I also have some pictures from the "fat years", like my old drivers license and the pic of me on the plane heading for surgery.

Every time I had a closet flush, I gave my clothes to charity.

Get rid of that extra baggage. Honestly I threw a lot of stuff out. I would have set it on fire if I could have. Some of the nicer clothes and suits I am donating to "dress for success" or a women's shelter. Get rid of the clothes. Make room in your closet and in your life for new things. Get rid of the old baggage and do not let it hold you back. NEVER GO BACK!!! And if you have trouble letting go of that stuff or letting go of your past find a therapist or support group or OA or all three and set yourself free...like a caterpillar turning into a butterfly...FLY and let go of all the dead weight in your life[emoji4]

Done! Just consigned a bunch of size 20 / 2x! And the rest are being donated to a good cause. Yay!

Never keep those big clothes!!!!!

@@joannct1

short, sweet, concise :rolleyes:

kathy

Such good advice! I'm getting sleeved in June (pending insurance approval). I have lost weight in the pass and alway kept my "fat" cloths, I have never thought about them as a safety net. I did I alway kept them just in case I need them. New way of thinking for me[emoji846]

I hope to have the surgery in June. I have a a lot of questions about what to expect postop.

Me too! I met with my surgeon yesterday, I told him I was nervous they might not approved me. he looked over my charts and was like no you'll be approved. I still don't want to get my hopes up, but my fingers are crossed [emoji846]