Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for 4/6/16! It seems so unreal to me but is getting very real fast. I'm having quite a bit of anxiety. Fear for surgery. Fear for what comes after but I know it's the right thing. I've had to jump through so many hoops for this and it's what I've wanted for so long so why are my nerves getting the best of me?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It's perfectly normal to be nervous! You will probably experience some buyers remorse for a couple weeks but it gets better each day. I think it's a hormonal thing! I'm 6 weeks post op Gastric Bypass and just now starting to feel somewhat "normal" The thing that surprised me the most was the complete lack of energy in the first few weeks...everything seemed like such an effort to me...but everyone is different! My weight day of surgery was 295 and as of this morning I'm down to 267 [emoji3]...it came off rapidly the first week for me...then I hit a almost 2 week stall...that sucked! Good luck to you!!

Its a natural reaction. Good luck on your upcoming surgery and check back with us if you need any help. :) ;) :P :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: ;-)

Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it. I'm so afraid I'm going to die on the table or bleed internally. I have less than 24 hours now. I'm kind of wigging out.

JanaJ I am the EXACT same as u!! SCARED!! I'm scheduled for May 3rd so I'm sure this month will creep by as slowly as possible! I am not a very good patient when it comes to pain but like I said I'm pretty sure a lot of it is the anxiety of what I think the pain maybe I'm scared that I won't have enough pain medicine and I'm going to be in excruciating pain that is if I make it out of surgery alive!! Aghhh I'm such a chicken shit lol I am so excited for u and u WILL do great!!! We all will!! [emoji106]????[emoji6]

The pain wasn't all that bad for me...I had surgery on Wednesday and by Sunday I wasn't taking anything more for pain [emoji2] I was pleasantly surprised the first time they made me get out of bed after surgery...I thought omg this is going to hurt....nope didn't hurt much at all [emoji106]

Jana

I'm sure you'll do fine! I think being scared is part of the process. I'm scheduled for bypass on Thurs 7th, and up until yesterday have been nothing but excited but last couple of days I've been experiencing anxiety and nervousness

Thanks! I'm scared for the pain too but not as much as not making it off the table. I've been so excited. Now I'm just a ball of nerves.

Hi Jana... I feel your fear my surgery is next Monday April 11... And nerves are definitely flying!. I'm not afraid of the pain..it's the whole surgery process..I'm a needle phob!...and the fear of what's to come. This Optifast 2 week diet is so hard but I'm getting through it. I totally get the nerves!,

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I don't have a date yet and I have bouts of fear. I get scared that it's not going to work. Scared they're not going to clear me. Scared of the pre op diet. Scared of the post op diet. But after I come here I get invigorated. Know you're not alone :)

hanSolo1977 I jumped through all those hoopes. I get it but the only thing that gives me relief is that maybe one day I can race my kids to the car, or chase them at the park, or walk up the stairs without feeling like I'm going to die. This will be so worth it!