Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days till plastics tiiiime!

@@rydersmama Thank you very much!! I'm just ready to get this stinking drain out! It's the worst part now. Oh and swell hell! :)

I called my surgeon today to see if she would agree to let me take my drain out since I wasn't getting but 10cc out in a 24 hour period and she agreed!!! I pulled that thing so fast!!! Thank you Jesus! That's my last tie down besides all my tape strips they will be removing at my Thursday appointment. My belly picture today. Still SWOLLEN! I think I'm just going to stop saying that because it's a given. I'm going to be swollen for a long time. It comes with the territory and I already knew this. So, the best items I've used the most are 1st two days a peri-bottle. I bought a hair bottle thingy at Sally's and snipped the end off, it's to rinse off with warm Water after you pee. It just helps you feel cleaner! 2) My prop, well that would be number 1 really. I don't know how I would have survived without it. Seriously if you have the 40 bucks BUY IT!! 3) My memory foam seat cushion. You will have a sore butt from sitting in the "beach position" after some time. I had very limited butt pain or back pain and I'm sure that's why. 4) My back massager. Your back will hurt after being hunched over! This thing digs deep into the muscles and is absolutely amazing! The best massager I have ever used and it heats! 5) Now that my drain is out my Fajate compression garment. Yes it's a bit pricy but 100% better than the annoying belly binder they give you that undoubtably rolls up and down all the time and digs into you sides and stomach. This outfit is tight and holds everything in tightly. I can sleep in my own bed and roll from side to side with this on. It supports everywhere! So there's my main list. I bought a few things I didn't use like the walker ect... But overall through research I had everything I needed. No extra trips out ect...I'm including my purchases of the items listed above if anyone is interested. All from Amazon minus my homemade peri-bottle. Oh and those spiders (belly button stitches) come out Thursday too!!

post-237766-0-71704600-1460485804_thumb.jpeg

post-237766-0-09415400-1460485825_thumb.jpeg

post-237766-0-26566100-1460485845_thumb.jpeg

@@Elode, thanks for the list, that will be very helpful! How do those compression garments run, pretty true to size?

@@Spiceyfrog You want it tight. The first one I ordered was a medium because people wrote in the reviews that they are really small. I got it, tried it on and it fit tight but just kinda tight. That was over all my fat still so I was afraid it wasn't going to be tight enough once the skin was removed so I returned it for a small, which is the smallest size they have. It's small no doubt but it's made of a stretchy material so it stretches somewhat. It's perfect for me. I can still breathe and sit without any issues. It has a open crotch so you don't have to take it off every time you need to use the bathroom (huge perk). I plan on wearing it under my scrubs once I return to work for support.

@@Elode, your surgeon did a great job. You should be happy, and I can tell you are!

Can't believe you pulled the drain out, yourself!! I would've been passed out flat on the floor, lol! Bet you're glad it's gone though.

You look amazing, your swelling seems to be minimal. I was wearing my sister's size 4's for several months, while I am normally a size 0-2. That's how much swelling I had. (She hated it, because it made her feel like her clothes were 'fat' clothes.) But, then again, I had muscle repair at the same time plus A LOT of bruising!

@@bigbit Yes I am thank you. It's fun to buy clothes and not have my old saggy skin hanging over everything. I bought some really cute stuff today including a thin silky long fitted dress and it was amazing! No belly bulge no bra everything just looked "right" no extra clothes to compress things. I'm truly greatful.

You really do look amazing! I'm so happy for you and I thank you for sharing everything you're experiencing! It gives me hope and excitement to be in your shoes one day!!

@TheRealMeIsHere! Lol! It's not that bad at all. I pulled my own drain after my VSG surgery too. It's just a stitch snip and slides out. Oh girl there is def swelling. At times I feel like I'm 6 months pregnant. Better in the morning and progressively get worse throughout the day. I'm not complaints though. I'll take it.

Double post

@@DaisyAmy You're welcome! That's what I'm here for! Thank you. Good luck on your journey :)

Oh thank you Jesus I have my appointment tomorrow and get "un-taped" this stuff itches sooooo bad! And just today all at once. It's not like I can be in the store scratching under my boobs! That's just weird. I have no clue what these scars are going to look like? I just hope everything is healed nicely. And don't even get me started on these "spider" looking stitches in my belly button! Goodbye aggravation!!

@TheRealMeIsHere! Is your belly still numb in areas or did the sensation all come back?