Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I didn't think it was so literal

They warned me a lot that the first few weeks diarrhea is normal. "liquid in, liquid out". I failed to expect it to be so literal as they spent a week pumping me full of colace, milk of magnesia, magnesium citrate.

Sweet heavens. Someone please tell me this phase ends soon. They said we could take an immodium but that usually causes me Constipation. And with no functioning ab muscles I would hate to think of being constipated but not sure I can endure anymore of this either. I feel like I need 6 showers a day.

Oddly all attacks have come after having dreams of eating really sugary stuff. My body may be sending warning signs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It ends...

How soon I'll not say...

But it ends...

I didn't suffer the Constipation side of things...

So you may get lucky...

Either way, everything changes over time...

Ya just gotta stick with it...

You'll be right...

They warned me a lot that the first few weeks diarrhea is normal. "Liquid in, liquid out". I failed to expect it to be so literal as they spent a week pumping me full of colace, milk of magnesia, magnesium citrate.

Sweet heavens. Someone please tell me this phase ends soon. They said we could take an immodium but that usually causes me Constipation. And with no functioning ab muscles I would hate to think of being constipated but not sure I can endure anymore of this either. I feel like I need 6 showers a day.

Oddly all attacks have come after having dreams of eating really sugary stuff. My body may be sending warning signs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-s​What does your surgeon'

What does your surgeon's office say? Diarrhea can quickly turn into dehydration. Don't wait much longer before you call them. Please. The first days are tough enough without getting dehydrated.

Feel better and keep us posted, please.

I am getting in 80 ounces of fluids so I don't feel dehydrated. My doctor said I COULD take immodium if I wanted, just make sure I was getting at least 64 ounces of clear fluids.

I would deal with the possibility of Constipation if it would also get rid of the digestion gas. I have no idea how I can be getting gas, nothing stays in there long enough to make cause I take gas x with every dose of Protein.

Feel better and please keep us posted.

We care.

Prayers going up for you.

It was a surprise to me too.. a huge surprise, in my pants, a few times :)

The best advice someone gave me was never trust a fart. I am 6 months out and still have to be cautious.

It will get a lot better. It will start to get better when you are eating solids again, just try to be patient. I was the same as you and sometimes had to shower a few times a day just to feel clean.

Right now I was say go ahead and take the Imodium. If you are nervous about it you can always cut it in half and just take half now and if that doesn't help take the other half later.

I am getting in 80 ounces of fluids so I don't feel dehydrated. My doctor said I COULD take immodium if I wanted, just make sure I was getting at least 64 ounces of clear fluids.

I would deal with the possibility of Constipation if it would also get rid of the digestion gas. I have no idea how I can be getting gas, nothing stays in there long enough to make cause I take gas x with every dose of Protein.

Between the gas and the diarrhea, is there any chance you're lactose intolerant?? Lots of people are fine eating things like cheese and yogurt but once they start living on milk and whey Protein, they realize they have mild lactose intolerance. If you're using a shake that isn't 100% whey isolate, I'd try switching, and try making them with Lactaid milk or soy instead!

In a week or so you will be longing for the days of diarrhea. Soon you won't be able to poop but maybe twice a week. :-(

I am lactose intolerant and bought lactose free whey Protein isolates. Although currently I am surviving on isopures to make sure I got my Clear liquids and Proteins in one hit. I finally caved last night and took an immodium so far hasn't made much of an impact, I may take another later. I am hoping once I get past this phase the gas will go down to. Seriously the gas pain is causing me more pain and slowing down my walking more than the surgery itself.

I has problems with Constipation 10 days out. My surgeon said not to worry about how often I went, but what the consistency was when I went. He said I could take Miralax. I started that last Saturday and I going every 3 days. No more constipation and no diarrhea. Have been getting my Protein and 70 Oz Water at least. Started with puree foods today. So far so good!

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

I am lactose intolerant and bought lactose free whey Protein isolates. Although currently I am surviving on isopures to make sure I got my Clear liquids and Proteins in one hit. I finally caved last night and took an immodium so far hasn't made much of an impact, I may take another later. I am hoping once I get past this phase the gas will go down to. Seriously the gas pain is causing me more pain and slowing down my walking more than the surgery itself.

Are you walking enough? I've read that's the answer to gas pains.

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

It was a surprise to me too.. a huge surprise, in my pants, a few times :)

The best advice someone gave me was never trust a fart. I am 6 months out and still have to be cautious.

You just made me laugh out loud at work! Thank you for the comic relief in this stressful journey!

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App