Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling alone on this journey

Hey everyone I just got my surgery 3/21 and my emotions are everywhere. I'm feeling like I made a mistake and my stages seem so lengthy, I'm depressed about it. What are some of the things you guys were feeling during your beginning stages

Sent from my Z987 using the BariatricPal App

It is a little rough after surgery but it does get better with time. It took me around 6 months to reach my happy state when all the problems big and small seemed to melt away.

I think in the beginning the complexity was overwhelming. Getting in the Vitamins spaced apart properly, the fluids, measuring the food volume, the anti blood clot shots, the exercise consumed almost the entire day.

I liked the fact that I was no longer hungry, that weight just seemed to melt off at a fast pace. Then the clothing sizes started dropping. I also like that fact that all my medical conditions went into remission within the first couple weeks after surgery. This was my main driver for the surgery.

It is a little rough after surgery but it does get better with time. It took me around 6 months to reach my happy state when all the problems big and small seemed to melt away.

I think in the beginning the complexity was overwhelming. Getting in the Vitamins spaced apart properly, the fluids, measuring the food volume, the anti blood clot shots, the exercise consumed almost the entire day.

I liked the fact that I was no longer hungry, that weight just seemed to melt off at a fast pace. Then the clothing sizes started dropping. I also like that fact that all my medical conditions went into remission within the first couple weeks after surgery. This was my main driver for the surgery.

thanks for sharing your point of view and I just needed to hear that others had a hard time and it's normal, 6 months is a long time to reach happiness. What did you do to keep your spirits up?

I'm 6 weeks post op and have had the feelings of regrets and bouts of crying many many times!! The thing that bothered me most was the lack of energy to do simple tasks like taking a shower! All that is much better now [emoji3] I'm just entering the regular foods stage now and I have to admit it is Scarey trying new foods hoping not to dump! Then there is the scale...I dropped weight off super fast the first week...then I stalled for a week and a half...that was very hard on my mental well being....I thought...what the heck did I do to myself!!!??? I cried a lot during that period [emoji53] The pounds still aren't coming off at a rate I'm happy with but the inches are coming off...I'm finding bones!! [emoji12]. It will get better....we just have to focus on the long term results...How can we not lose weight in the long run??

Main feelings that loomed for me right after surgery was doubt. Doubt I could do it, doubt it would work. Regret was reserved if my doubts proved to be true. Thankfully they haven't. Stick with everything your supposed to be doing and the feelings should turn around.

I am experiencing the same feelings. Doubt and I am scared. The only food I have tried is chicken salad, because I am afraid of dumping and more pain. I know time will take care of this we just have to keep reaching out to others, this this App.

My surgery was 3/24 so we are close. Message me anytime

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm pre op and feel pretty alone. I have surgery scheduled May 10th. No one wants to talk about it. "That's months away". No it's not. It's in 5 freaking, fracking, mother fudging weeks!!

I'm 6 weeks post op and have had the feelings of regrets and bouts of crying many many times!! The thing that bothered me most was the lack of energy to do simple tasks like taking a shower! All that is much better now I'm just entering the regular foods stage now and I have to admit it is Scarey trying new foods hoping not to dump! Then there is the scale...I dropped weight off super fast the first week...then I stalled for a week and a half...that was very hard on my mental well being....I thought...what the heck did I do to myself!!!??? I cried a lot during that period The pounds still aren't coming off at a rate I'm happy with but the inches are coming off...I'm finding bones!! . It will get better....we just have to focus on the long term results...How can we not lose weight in the long run??

Ugh being emotional sucks smh but I am looking forward to seeing some bones as well lol. My energy and focus isn't great either but I'm hoping with time that will get better as well.... Btw how long did your food stages last.. I can't believe my doc want me to wait 4 weeks of puree.

Main feelings that loomed for me right after surgery was doubt. Doubt I could do it, doubt it would work. Regret was reserved if my doubts proved to be true. Thankfully they haven't. Stick with everything your supposed to be doing and the feelings should turn around.

Thanks and trying to keep my spirits up these forums will help tremendously!

I am experiencing the same feelings. Doubt and I am scared. The only food I have tried is chicken salad, because I am afraid of dumping and more pain. I know time will take care of this we just have to keep reaching out to others, this this App.

My surgery was 3/24 so we are close. Message me anytime

Thanks I definitely will keep in touch ????

I'm pre op and feel pretty alone. I have surgery scheduled May 10th. No one wants to talk about it. "That's months away". No it's not. It's in 5 freaking, fracking, mother fudging weeks!!

That is right around the corner and feeling alone happens but thank god for things like this. My problem is most Ppl don't know I've had it and I know it would be looked down upon. But when you have your surgery just know you can message me ????

My emotions are all over the map too. I am scared and excited. My surgery isnt for another 17 days... This week i am dedicating to foods i will not be able to eat i had some spicy indian food yesterday and a slice of pizza. Today i had some coke. This weekend im having lots of wine hehe... Bit staring Monday im going to watch what i eat and mainly go to Protein shakes. I started going to the gym 3-4 times a week for the past 4 month and now my parents and my husband are telling me that maybe i dont need the surgery... Since i stated to loose some weight. UM NO! Been there done that! Working out is just part of it the food intake is the key. Stay positive, set goals for ur self. All i can think about is next years christmas/new years party or halloween.... Finally being able to wear an awesome costume or a beautiful dress and look good in it and not like a whale. Im 5'9 and about 307 started at 319 in September. I am super scared but all i can think about is the future.... Its going to be tough and horrible at times, but if u have a goal u will get through it! If u ever want to talk message me its always nice to have someone to talk to who is going through the same thing. Others they might say they understand and support u, but its just not the same.

My emotions are all over the map too. I am scared and excited. My surgery isnt for another 17 days... This week i am dedicating to foods i will not be able to eat i had some spicy indian food yesterday and a slice of pizza. Today i had some coke. This weekend im having lots of wine hehe... Bit staring Monday im going to watch what i eat and mainly go to Protein shakes. I started going to the gym 3-4 times a week for the past 4 month and now my parents and my husband are telling me that maybe i dont need the surgery... Since i stated to loose some weight. UM NO! Been there done that! Working out is just part of it the food intake is the key. Stay positive, set goals for ur self. All i can think about is next years christmas/new years party or halloween.... Finally being able to wear an awesome costume or a beautiful dress and look good in it and not like a whale. Im 5'9 and about 307 started at 319 in September. I am super scared but all i can think about is the future.... Its going to be tough and horrible at times, but if u have a goal u will get through it! If u ever want to talk message me its always nice to have someone to talk to who is going through the same thing. Others they might say they understand and support u, but its just not the same.

Hey I started at 308 and was able to lose some weight,so the idea of maybe I can do this myself crossed my mind as well but I was thinking long term. I food funerals as well before my surgery lol and I'm glad I did cause who knows how long it will be before I can again. Keep in touch and let me know how your surgery went and I'll reach out as well. Good luck on a successful surgery ????

Tssiemer1

My surgery is scheduled for May 6th so we are very close. I feel really good about the surgery itself but am nervous about succeeding. I get how you are feeling. I don't know anyone who is going through this or who has gone through it so nobody understands how I'm feeling. If you want to talk more please message me. It would be awesome if I had someone to talk too. Good luck with everything.

Tssiemer1

My surgery is scheduled for May 6th so we are very close. I feel really good about the surgery itself but am nervous about succeeding. I get how you are feeling. I don't know anyone who is going through this or who has gone through it so nobody understands how I'm feeling. If you want to talk more please message me. It would be awesome if I had someone to talk too. Good luck with everything.

No problem we should definitely get in touch and it normal to be nervous. I was nervous until I got to the hospital and got settled in and had a good pep talk with myself lol. Your will go great remember walking will be your best friend along with gas x strips

thanks for sharing your point of view and I just needed to hear that others had a hard time and it's normal, 6 months is a long time to reach happiness. What did you do to keep your spirits up?

I wrote a short article about my experience with Gastric Bypass Surgery. Here is a link. http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery.pdf