Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Go home day of surgery? Anyone?

I am getting sleeved tomorrow morning, supposed to stay 1-2 nights- depends on how well I can tolerate fluids. Anyone go home same day? I really don't want to stay at all. I work at a hospital - really don't want to sleep there.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Lol good luck if you go home same day.you can't be that tough.has anyone told you it's a major surgery. I stayed 2nights and 3days and wish it was longer .I had to go back in 2 days later to get rehydrated it's no joke.

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

I went to a recovery place (a home) for one night.

I did.

why?

Jewels77 being afraid is normal just don't let it take over. I had my sleeve done on the 24th I was terrified but I survived. No pain as of today just tenderness, day one was the worst (I had a why did I do this moment) however, 2day and so on was a breeze just remember to sip slow and try to get those 4oz in you will be ok and it is well worth it.

Don't back out. I was scared I was sleeved March 17 and the morning of I cried all the way up until they gave me something to calm my nerves. The nurses told me most people give the same reaction. I remember when I woke up from surgery thinking IM SO HAPPY I WENT THROUGH WITH IT. Like they say each day gets better. I'm happy I did it.

I get so many mixed responses in regards to pain. Some seem to think its a breeze and just feel sore and others are in terrible pain. I had a laprascopic surgery before and really wasn't in much pain at all. My doctor said I was tougher than most and seemed to take it better than average by far so I hope it's a good indicator that it won't be too bad. I have always thought I had a hefty pain tolerance. Broke my arm in a car accident and turned down meds in ER. I don't like narcotics - I used Motrin and ice. I hope this is similar cause if it is I'll be fine

I went hm same day March 8 never used any pain meds it was tender but not that painful tho more my nerves then anything but still now I would not repeat this surgery

@@Stacey78 - I had to stay for the leak test the next day. I had no issues and took pain meds only the first day home and once or twice at night, then quit them all together. I didn't need them.

@Stacey78 My surgery was outpatient ... I was there at 8 am and home by 2 ...

I went through True Results and it was done by a local bariatric clinic here in Atlanta ...

I had excellent care before, during and after so far ... ( 9 months out )

I am so glad I didn't have the additional costs of a hospital stay, etc ... since I was self pay ...

If I understand your post correctly ... you're having yours today ... GOOD LUCK!!!! :)

Welcome to the club!!

​Well? Did she or didn't she??